Got My Nitecore EX10

McSoappy

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys!

I got my first good LED flashlight today. I've gotten a few crappy LED flashlights from work that couldn't light up a matchbox, but nothing serious like the Nitecore line.

Anyways, this thing is amazing, really super bright and completely usable in all modes. Couldn't believe how much this thing lit up the neighborhood while taking my dog on a walk tonight. Really great light!

One thing I am concerned about however is the fact that the button doesn't seem to "click" at all. I know that this is the piston drive light but it doesn't even feel like it's clicking in, and it seems I have to push pretty darn hard to get it to engage. Is this normal? Will it wear in?

Thanks for any and all information!

And thanks 4sevens.com for the CPF discount!:twothumbs

cerbie

Enlightened
One thing I am concerned about however is the fact that the button doesn't seem to "click" at all. I know that this is the piston drive light but it doesn't even feel like it's clicking in, and it seems I have to push pretty darn hard to get it to engage. Is this normal?
Yes.
Will it wear in?
Yes.

However, you can help it along, by
a) cleaning the piston, o-rings, and tube and re-lubing them with something very thin, like Super Lube (RS #64-2301A)
and b) taking the battery spring out, and work it beyond "flat" with your fingers (so the part connecting the battery is back way past the outer coil section), to get it a little worked out. I wasn't brave enough to chop off sections of it, but that helped a lot. It will still be hard to push, somewhat, just by design (the spring that resists pressing also has to keep good contact with the battery).

TeaQue

Newly Enlightened
I too got mine today and so far I love it. Already installed a GID o-ring in the bezel :D

dabear95

Newly Enlightened
You can also loosen the head just a bit (depending on what mode you want momentary/normal) and that will give the piston more travel.

Jason

d_rasp

Newly Enlightened
I too got mine today and so far I love it. Already installed a GID o-ring in the bezel :D

Do you happen to remember what size? I keep meaning to measure the spares that came w/ my EX10 so I can order some. . .

I've also started keeping 2x A/C o-rings around the groove near the tail of my EX10 to act as 'grip rings' after seeing someone use an o-ring in that location on the picture thread. Liking it quite a bit so far, but I'll probably change those to GITD or black instead of green. FWIW, they're 17x2mm, not sure what the closest workable size would be in inches.