Lowes Taskforce 2C Runtime?

roymail

Enlightened
I haven't been able to find out what runtime to expect from Duracell or Energizer C cells in the Lowes Taskforce 2C cree. I'm probably the only one around here that hasn't tried this light. But if it has decent runtime, I'll probably get one. Our Lowes currently has them back in stock.

Will this light tolerate a little extra voltage? Anyone try a single 18650? Just wondering... thanks!

roymail

Enlightened
Marduke, thanks for the link. Do you think the Cree would do a little better than the Luxeon?

Do you know if an 18650 is overdriving the Cree? Any :poof: yet?

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
cree will be a lot better than luxeon.

A 18650 drives it slightly over 1A, and gives a noticeable brightness increase. You could go crazy and put a Q5/R2 in there as well for ultimate power :)

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both versions of this light. The cree is way brighter (visually, not just some lab test) and I find the run time is about the same.

kwalker

Newly Enlightened
So the stock version comes with a Luxeon? Are you guys referring to modding with a cree?

chewy78

Enlightened
I think the regulation is pretty flat with a pair of c cell titanium 6000 mah's i have been using in my recently acquired taskforce cree.

upriver

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but I just got this light.

So basically it gives 150 lumens for 2.5 hours on 2C batteries

The L2D Q5 gives 180 lumens for 2 hours on 2 AA batteries (light-reviews.com, using eneloops)

Seeing as C batteries have almost 3X the capacity (according to Wikipedia), can this difference be explained mostly by the Fenix using higher quality parts and being more efficient?