AMC wiring help!

nwbrewer

Newly Enlightened
So I wired up a pair of 1.4 amp AMC drivers with the intention of running them in parallel to power my D---J P7. I'm running 8AA's in 4S/2P, which I thought should be plenty of juice. Running Direct drive, I only got 2.1amps. Running with either AMC driver hooked up I get 1.7-1.8amps. When I try to hook them both up in parallel, I still get only 1.7 to 1.8amps. Any help? Did I wire the chips up wrong?

Chips.jpg

Thanks.

Jake

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, it looks like you have the battery negative
and led negative swapped.. I had to look at that one
twice to notice it!

What kind of batteries are you using?
If they are alkaline, they will not be able to
supply the current you are asking for...
Can you give us more details pleasie?
:popcorn:

Last edited:

nwbrewer

Newly Enlightened
Sure, I'm using Powerizer 2700mah AAs in a Radioslack 8AA carrier that I rewired to be 4s/2P instead of 8S. I drilled out the stupid 9volt vonnector things and run a small SS screw through and attach it to the wire with a nut on the other side. I've been using this configuration to drive a P4 direct drive for about a year with no issues. I'll take a picture of this tonight. I used anderson 30amp connectors to hook my battery to the light cord (it's going in a scuba canlight) Right now I'm just looking it up with aligator clips with the LED mounted to the Heatsink in a vise until i get it all sorted out. Thanks for the tip on swapping the - I was just copying a pic I saw here somewhere.

Jake