Anything like P2DQ5 that works with RCR's?

glenda17

Enlightened
I have been carrying a P2DQ5 for almost a year. I like the high quality contruction, size, and brightness. I just don't get enough run-time with the 3.0V LiIon rechargeables. This is because the voltage is wasted stepping down to 3.0V's. Does anyone make a light that is similiar to the P2DQ5 that has different light level modes with a 3.7V RCR ?

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been carrying a P2DQ5 for almost a year. I like the high quality contruction, size, and brightness. I just don't get enough run-time with the 3.0V LiIon rechargeables. This is because the voltage is wasted stepping down to 3.0V's. Does anyone make a light that is similiar to the P2DQ5 that has different light level modes with a 3.7V RCR ?
EagleTac P10C and T10C, Jetbeam Jet-II I.B.S and I.B.S PRO are the best models available.

glenda17

Enlightened
All these suggested are an nearly an inch longer than the P2D, only the Nitecore EX10 is the same length but half the max lumens.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

brucec

Enlightened
The Nitecore EX10 is just a tad smaller than the P2D. But the P2D Q5 is just a tad brighter on turbo than the EX10 Q5 on max. I understand that the EX10 GD is dimmer on max, cooler, but smoother than the Q5 version. Hope this helps.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I EDCed a Fenix P2D until I got my JetBeam Jet II IBS. Keep in mind that the Jet's 225 lumens on a primary is through a much larger reflector, so both the hotspot and spillbeam are narrower, resulting in a much brighter and farther-throwing beam not just by the numbers but by the eye as well. What the numbers don't tell you is that the Jet is 11% brighter on an RCR (which unlike the P2D, it is specifically built to accept), for a max output of 250 lumens. Plus the Jet can go much lower than the Fenix, giving it a max runtime that's closer to the two-cell P3D. Add to that the far superior Infinite Brightness Setting interface and the more robust construction, and like me you stop finding a reason to carry a P2D.

And best of all, it costs < $10 more than a P2D. See it here: http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/jetiiibs.html

glenda17

Enlightened
The JetBeam Jet II IBS looks tempting. I read a few reviews but don't understand the UI. I do ispot nspections of long ovens (tunnels). But I need pocket carry because going to meetings with a holster looks funny.

Do you have to ramp up/down each time to change brightness on the Jet II IBS?

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have to ramp up/down each time to change brightness on the Jet II IBS?

There are three positions that can be set to which ever level of light you want. Once set they stay at that level, until you choose to change one or all three.

andylondon

Newly Enlightened
The Olight T10 2008 edition does indeed work perfectly with RCR. Also, it has a longer runtime than the Dereelight C2H. I EDC mine and i have modded it with a WC R2. This light is very well regulated with rechargeables and primaries.:grin2:

Latest posts