Problems with KL1 or KL3

rycen

Enlightened
Has anyone had any with these?More important though has anyone returned either because of the color?If so what happened?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
My KL1's kind'a purple, but I usually find that somewhat interesting during night use. Makes a great UV alternative; and lights up signs quite decently. Never really had a gripe about it that would make me think twice about keeping or returning it...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
My KL1 has a VERY SLIGHT purple tinge at the center of its beam, but it's not really noticeable unless you're looking for it, and does not affect the utility of the light.
My KL3 has a VERY SLIGHT sky blue color at the center of its beam; it's also essentially unnoticeable and doesn't affect the light. Neither of them have any of that "rotten dog urine green" color that some users object to, so I'm guessing SureFire is hand-picking their Luxeons to avoid that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mvario

Newly Enlightened
My KL1 has that green tinge. I don't notice it in the center, just the outside fill. My KL3 is pretty close to white, maybe a very slight blue at the center.

SUREFARC

Enlightened
Aren't they supposed to have that blue/purple tint? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifIf you want a real white 1W led light, go with the ARC LSHP. That's the whitest out there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or you can flip up a Q3L upgrade to dat2zip's BB400... No pee greens there...

roguesw

Enlightened
My kl3 is kinda purple, only shows up when shone against a white wall and especially when shone on a dark carpet.
but it has a kinda very faint green on the outside
doesnt affect the light however

mhejl

Newly Enlightened
My KL1 was very purple, with an added deep purple "satellite" outside the main beam. I replaced the Luxeon with a HD.

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
craig>>rotten dog urine green

Is that green urine from a rotten dog?

Or is that rotten urine, turned green, from a dog?

Why is it, in snow country, they say to not eat "yellow" snow ... instead of don't eat "green" snow.

Inquiring minds want to know.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[ QUOTE ]
I_rv_too said:
Or is that rotten urine, turned green, from a dog?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing it's rotten old yucky pee, like what might appear at the base of a mailbox post or power pole if there are dogs in the neighborhood. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
(At least up in southeast Alaska it turns that color).

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. I didn't think the KLs had any green in them. Thought they were hand selected for their bins and colors...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
My KL1 is blue-purple color, with yellowish rings that can be seen only if I point the light few centimeter from the wall. There is no green. The satellite rings are not centered with the main beam, but at one meter distance even this problem disappears. I just ordered a Arc LS to see the difference...

Anthony