Bluetooth Headphone 'Extension'?

Bradlee

Enlightened
I've done a fair bit of searching around and can't find what I'm looking for, so I thought I'd put it out there to see if anyone else knows if it exists:

I'm looking for a bluetooth transmitter/receiver pair where the transmitter has a 1/8" stereo jack input, and the receiver has a 1/8" stereo jack output. So, essentially I want a wireless headphone extension. I've seen both separate from different manufacturers, but I'm assuming they wouldn't be able to pair properly?

:popcorn:

legtu

Enlightened
Hmmm... why don't you just use "normal" rf(fm) transcievers?

Last edited:

Bradlee

Enlightened
I have a pair of these. http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers_audio/headphones/devices/212&cl=US,EN

They work really well with good range. My only problem with them is the way they fit my head. I don't like the rear strap type setup. The range is good for bluetooth. I am able to wander around my bedroom, master bathroom and retreat without loosing the signal.

I have a pair of the Logitech's as well. I find they're not too good if you're doing something active where you're moving quickly (e.g. biking), but for most of my uses I like them as well. My motivation for having a stereo jack on the receiving end, however, is that my sister is hard of hearing and I want her to be able to plug her hearing aid directly into the receiver.

Hmmm... why don't you just use "normal" rf(fm) transcievers?

I haven't had good luck with rf in the past (noisy), but I'm open to it if anyone knows of a good transceiver set.

Last edited:

kris994

Newly Enlightened
Sony%20TMRBT10%20Bluetooth%20Stereo%20Transmitter.jpg

I have one of these. Got it for £15 new.. If i understand you correctly you also want a receiver that you can plug into your existing headphones. I have seen these before but they have been £5 crap from China. Instead i bought a pair of these. Cheap but work and sound great..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000KFC9HM/