• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: SSC P7/Flupic LE for the Aleph Mule

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
ALL SOLD. Thanks CPF!

For sale are two Seoul P7/Flupic (V2.2) light engines for the Aleph series lights. One LE has V10 ultra green glow epoxy around the emitter, and the other has ultra blue glow epoxy.

Each LE features a DSWOI P7 LED (from Amilite Korea) and a V2.2 Flupic board pushing 1.2A on high. This should be good for approximately 300 lumens, give or take. The Flupic is a multi-level, user programmable driver board that requires the use of a single 3.7V Li-Ion cell. Details of the Flupic board can be found here. Please familiarize yourself with the Flupic before buying the LE. This LE can't use primary cells and achieve full brightness. However, it can use primary (3V) cells in an emergency for extended runtimes.

The interior of the can is completely filled with thermal epoxy, and I have added a ring of V10 ultra green or ultra blue glow epoxy around the emitter and after a charge, it will glow for at least six hours. The dome of the LED does not touch the window of the AMC Mule.

I have had two people comment that they have had good results using these LE's in 27mm Aleph heads with an McR XR-27 reflector.

The price for each is $128 $125, shipped via First Class mail service with Delivery Confirmation within the U.S. The first "I'll take it" posted here takes preference over other communications. Priority Mail service and insurance are optional, and up to the discretion of the buyer. Add $3 for Priority and/or $2 for insurance. PayPal is preferred, and I do not charge any fees for credit card transactons.
100_3641.jpg

100_3643.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Derek

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: SSC P7/Flupic LE for the Aleph Mule

I have had two people comment that they have had good results using these LE's in 27mm Aleph heads with an McR XR-27 reflector.

Derek, I just wanted to add that I just fixed my McR20 so that it will take this LE aswell....!

The output and beam kicks and screams....!

donn_

Flashaholic

That's a great tip! I just stuck one in a TnC 27mm long head, with an XR-27, and it does a great job. Just the faintest dull spot at the center, but it's only visible on a white wall. Outside, it's tremendous!

:thumbsup:

Ducaticorse

Newly Enlightened

donn, if you've got a "short" 27mm head handy and the ability to open the regular McR27 reflector, the reward is quite nice. Here's a beamshot showing this combo compared to a NovaTac 120P on "Max" for reference.

No center donut or dull spot whatsoever in the center of the beam with the short version McR27, you have to get up to some where less than 8" from a wall before you can start to make out the "cross" from the emitter dies. A super-usable "real world" beam pattern, in my opinion.

Hopefully Derek doesn't mind a beamshot showing his work...er..."at work!" ;)

Edit: I've received several inquiries for more info about this type of modification to use an Aleph P7 LE in the McR reflector. I started a thread over in the Homemade & Modified section here to provide additional details to those interested.

(And for what it's worth, this is the CSWPI, not the D-bin as is being offered now)

P7vs120P.jpg

Last edited:

brucec

Enlightened

Do these fit in the Aleph McClickie Mule set?

brucec

Enlightened

Wow, that looks sharp! Would probably make a good close-in dive light. Any idea of the runtime? How much battery draw at 1.2A?

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

With an RCR123, you can get about 30-40 minutes of runtime on high. I am using an older AW cell, and get about 45 minutes of total runtime, but the last 15 minutes are at a reduced brightness as the battery falls beow the voltage of the LED.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow, that looks sharp! Would probably make a good close-in dive light. Any idea of the runtime? How much battery draw at 1.2A?
Hi Bruce,:wave:

1.2a or 1200ma is the battery draw on high(Plus what the driver uses). If you were using a 750mah RCR123 you would get ~ 40 minutes of runtime on high. The Flupic V2.2 is a multi level driver, so you would get longer runtimes on the lower levels.

Steve

Edit: Derek obviously types faster than me.:grin2:

Last edited:

brucec

Enlightened

Hi Bruce,:wave:

1.2a or 1200ma is the battery draw on high. If you were using a 750mah you would get ~ 41 minutes of runtime on high. The Flupic V2.2 is a multi level driver, so you would get longer runtimes on the lower levels.

Edit: Derek must type faster than me.:grin2:

Steve

Oh, I see. I was thinking 350mA x 4 dies is about 1.2A. So we should expect about 80min or so for a CR123 primary.

toyopet

Newly Enlightened

I'll take the green P7 LE.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you run this LED with 2 rcr123 cells for longer runtime? And are there any 2 cell McGizmo bodies to be haD?

Thanks,
Dan

BSBG

Enlightened
Max Flupic input is 5.5v I believe, so maybe 2 primaries would work but 2 RCRs would be too much.