what was the FIRST cpf thread?

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Type 1 or 2 or whatever instead of 212277 in the URL bar of your browser and it will take you to the first posts. #1 is newer than the others for some reason.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ask member Brock, he is a single digit member that still posts. Also don't forget Craig, I think he was number 10 or 11.
I can tell you that when I came on board that every post for the entire day could be read in about one hour.:party:

Brock

Flashaholic
LOL I can't remember what I typed yesterday, much less then. My guess would be me asking Craig if CPF was working or not ;)

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember it was DavidW's first post saying something like "This is a place to talk about flashlights" and some crazy people back then that modded solitaires with leds and everyone was drooling about them, I got here from a web page brock did to show some crazy bright 5mm leds that we all tought were the end all in brightness.

I was member 38 back then.

AlexGT

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
There were some private sections of the old CPF IIRC maybe some of the missing treads are in there.

Or some just got lost in the later updates and changes of the software that controls the DB.

AlexGT

Empath

Flashaholic
I've noticed guys like to talk guns, knives and FLASHLIGHTS. (And watches among other gadgets.) So I created this forum for us to hang out in. Have fun.

That was, from what I understand, the introduction of the forum to the public. It seems, vaguely, that there has been reference to a post or two that served a utility purpose. I don't really remember for sure what it said but it was probably something like "Mr. Watson. Come here. I need you." :rolleyes: :D

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF started when David invited myself and some others from Usenet's rec.knives.

In the very early days, it was incan dominated...In 8 years, look what's transpired in terms of technology...pretty crazy stuff.

--dan

greenLED

Flashaholic
"incan"? What's that, dano? :nana:

I still remember when the R-bin Luxeons where "wow" material, and the S-bins were pretty much somewhat of a myth.