Malkoffs on ebay??

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlyfry562

Enlightened
It looks like Malkoff is beginning to sell stuff on ebay.

[eBay link removed - DM51]

This just seemed very strange to me.

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene's in Alabama. I dropped him a reference to the sale.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I don't think Gene would be selling his stuff and sending them with a host like that!:sick2:

Gene43

Enlightened
The seller is Imperial Designs. It is legitimate. They have liscenced some of my products and helped me find a great manufacturer for the M60. I believe they purchased some new Cabela's 6v XPG flashlights so they could offer a package deal. Even though the packaging is different it is the same Malkoff M60.

Gene

RocketTomato

Enlightened
Too bad they don't offer the drop in by itself with the "Buy it Now" option so that we could take advantage of the Microsoft live 25% cashback offer. See CPF marketplace here for more details.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Cabela's 6v XPG flashlights are re-branded G&P models. The lights range in quality from being "decent" to "Not even a crackhead would want this thing even if I poured powdered sugar all over it."

M60 in a Cabela's light is like putting a big block Chevy V8 into a bone-stock Kia Rio.... Just doesn't seem right.

Last edited:

Omicron

Newly Enlightened
I'm running a Cree R2 drop-in in an XPG, it actually makes a very nice instrument; I expect an M60 would just be better.

ginaz

Enlightened
6v XPG is my M60 host, with lighthound crenelated bezel. i'm very pleased with it running on DX rechargeables.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cabela's 6v XPG flashlights are re-branded G&P models. The lights range in quality from being "decent" to "Not even a crackhead would want this thing even if I poured powdered sugar all over it."

M60 in a Cabela's light is like putting a big block Chevy V8 into a bone-stock Kia Rio.... Just doesn't seem right.

Nice of you to offer your opinion, even if it's not reality based. I happen to think that the XPG is a fine light, and I have quite a few of them. I've never had a single problem.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nice of you to offer your opinion, even if it's not reality based. I happen to think that the XPG is a fine light, and I have quite a few of them. I've never had a single problem.

Nice of you to assume that my opinion is based on thin air, instead of the fact that I've owned Cabela's XPG models back before I knew better. I believe having actually owned XPG models qualies my opinion as "reality based." But that's just my opinion.

The lights were generally such **** poor quality, that I'm down to one 5watt, 2xCR123, LED model. The rest went into the trash can.

DM51

Flashaholic
Discussions of auction notices belong in the MarketPlace in the sub-forum set aside for that purpose. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.