McClicky McBroke!

rudejohn

Newly Enlightened
Just got my first McClicky switch today. Installed it in a McTc tailcap, on an Aleph 1X123 body, both of which I got from the Sandwich Shoppe, a brass E2C adapter, Malkoff M30 drop-in, Surefire Bezel, and Surefire primary battery. It worked great until about the tenth click, now it will not stay on. As long as I hold pressure with my finger it stays lit, release off. The switch is screwed in tight. I have another McTc with a McE2S two stage tailcap which works flawlessly on the same light, push for low, push harder for high, twist for constant. Any suggestions? From What I have read the McClicky is a very reliable switch. I have not been a member for long but I have learned a lot from these forums and enjoy putting together my own lights versus the turnkey variety. Would appreciate advice.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Unfortunately there is the occasional bunk switch and it sounds like you got one. :( They do tend to show up as bunk right away but the only to know is to test them. There are a bunch of these out there now and I would guess the number of faulty ones to be ~ 2-3%. Once I became aware of the issue, I started supplying them to OEM and dealers with an additional 5% over the ordered number to help compensate for the problem. It's not a big problem but it is a problem for those like you who get one. If you will e-mail me your mailing address, I will put a replacement in the mail to you. I know some people have taken the switch apart and futzed with it to positive effect but I don't expect you to do this.

rudejohn

Newly Enlightened
Sent you e-mail McGizmo, Thanks. Beamhead, I am not even sure what futzed means, but I can guess. If a prestigious member of the flashlight community tells me not to FUTZ IT UP I wont even touch it, (until I get replacement then I won't be able to resist). Thanks Guys! Last time I flew off and immediately took advice, I really screwed up, (FUTZED?), a new drop-in. If it had not been for Mark at Lumens Factory I would have been out a really nice LED module. Joining these forums, listening to those with experience, and ignoring all the fluff, is becoming an important part of my new hobby. Again Thanks!

rudejohn

Newly Enlightened
Thanks McGizmo for the way you stand behind your product. Got your e-mail and waiting for replacement switch. I definitely am looking forward to owning one of your Ti lights when the availability and my budget will allow.:twothumbs