A light for Artie

Babo

Newly Enlightened
My Uncle Artie wants a flashlight. He is blind. My brother Gabe says getting Artie an expensive light is a waste of money. He says a six dollar Ray-O-Vac will do just fine; with, or without, batteries. I say pride of ownership trumps need.This will be a Christmas gift. Artie is our favorite uncle. He is seventy-one, and helped turn our childhood into an adventure -(I hope all of you have an Uncle Artie). If you agree with me, what light do you recommend. I want something that can be carried in a pocket. Any thoughts on output and battery type will be appreciated.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
are we talking left or right handed ?

oh and is it for use in the Northern, or Southern Hemisphere?

(this will determine which end the lamp housing is attached to.)

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Polarion PH50 is the best choice. He should be able to feel the output even if he can't see it. He can slip the handle into a pocket for carry or get him some bigger pants for Christmas as well. This light will give him more pride of ownership than any wussy 200 lumen light. It will also let him continue to provide adventure in your life. Imagine the adventure when he fires it up at the table over Christmas dinner.

You may want to consider sunglasses or welding goggles as gifts for other family members that you like.

:whistle: