led in home lighting?

e-ville

Newly Enlightened
does anyone here use led bulbs in their light sockets at home? they sell them on superbrightleds.com. I was wondering of they would be more efficient on a larger scale like that

I know dollar wise they would because of their lifespan.

curtispdx

Enlightened
I got some halogen replacements from DealExtreme a while back. They suck. Not very helpful, I'm sure, but I doubt LEDs will be suitable for the home (and be of reasonable cost) anytime soon.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
The only one that I've tried that has some real possibility in terms of outpot and CRI is the new 7-watt 3-LED GE light from Walmart. It's kind of pricey at $38.00 but it does have enough brightness and throw for a modest desk lamp, if you can find a fixture that'll support a bulb that's physically heavy.

Light Sabre

Enlightened
Wally Mart is selling a series of Lights of America home lighting LED bulbs for $6. 20W, 40W, and 45W equivalent. They have a couple of LED floodlights too, but they're $15+. They are all the showerhead type, ie: multi-5mm and come in warm or bright white versions. I have 4 different types of bright white's, but I only like the 2026LED-65K ones which look more like a regular light bulb and because they have the smoothest light output and more of a 360 degree side output. The others are more directional. They are not the brightest by any means :candle: and I have replaced many of my CFL's with them. I have 9 LED lights installed in 2 rooms and their combined power usage is equivalent to one 13 watt (60W equivalent) CFL. The LOA lights are in the light bulb isle at Wally Mart. You may have problems finding them tho. There are 3 Wally Mart's near me and only 1 of them carries the lightbulbs.

Lights of America 2026LED-65K-24 LED 1.5 Watt Standard Base Pendant Style Bright White Light Bulb - PlumberSurplus.com

Here is a CPF thread on the LED lights:

New led light bulbs at wal-mart - CandlePowerForums