JetBeam Jet III Pro - M or Fenix TK 11

JetBeam Jet III Pro M or Fenix TK11

• Total voters

Albinoni

Banned
If you had a choice to pick onne out of the two which one would it be and why ? I know their both very good torches and both have their Pros and Cons but if you were given the choice to pick one which one would it be.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got a JET III PRO IBS today, and its great! With the IBS you can set all 3 modes to strobe or whatever level you want. Haven't tried TK11 but if you're looking for multimodes, get the jetbeam. There is also a 5 seconds strobe which is a perfect "standby" mode.

I guess my Fenix T1 is pretty similar to the TK11, except by the runtime and battery. Low mode isnt low enough and the emitter is dying slowly, the center is turning dark, like if it is burnt. The light got damaged after a hard drop:thumbsdow.

fineday

Newly Enlightened
TK11 may be brighter than Jet III Military but less in function.

And I have to say Jet III Pro and Jet III Military are two models, and there isn't any torch named "Jet III Pro Military". Jet III Pro IBS has three IBS function solts, while Jet III Military only has one ---- the other is fixed high. But you can also apply any available functions into the "Low/Set" mode of Jet III Military, the functions are the very same as standard IBS system.

I owned a Jet III Military and like it very very much. In the other hand I'm not very interested in TK11 'coz it is less functional, not so beautiful, and the most important, doesn't have SS bezel and tailcap LOL. Trust me, if you happened drop your light, you'd see how important the SS bezel and tailcap will be.

Albinoni

Banned
What I dont get is the JetBeam Jet III Military is the most expensive among all the III series but yet again it has the least functions, so why pay more and get back less, or am I looking at smething wrong here.

Also whats the difference between the TK10 and TK11?

Last edited:

metawaffle

Newly Enlightened
What I dont get is the JetBeam Jet III Military is the most expensive among all the III series but yet again it has the least functions, so why pay more and get back less, or am I looking at smething wrong here.

Someone addressed that question just recently, and pointed out that the M is geared towards the needs of, well, military types, with an emphasis on things like ultra-reliability, and that a model like the Jet III Pro is possibly a better choice for more general use.

I was tempted by the M model, but already having the Jet III Pro and Jet III Pro ST, it seemed a bit redundant - and like you said, a bit pricey.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
What "functions" are you looking for? The Jet-III-M has many.

Forward clicky
Wide range of input voltage / battery options
Infinite brightness control
Adjustable SOS and Strobe
S/S front and back bezel
Different reflectors available
Different tints available
Tailstands
Bi-Directional clip

Last edited:

jzelek

Newly Enlightened
I recently pondered this same question when trying to choose between these two lights.

I ended up purchasing the Jetbeam Military.
Its a Great light that uses multiple battery options and is close in price to the Fenix TK-11.

What helped me decide was the multiple posts from CPF members about issues they are having with this light (tailcap failure, Offcenter LED etc...). After reading several of them I begain to question the quality and durablility of the TK-11.

Do a search and you will see what I mean.

Last edited:

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Also whats the difference between the TK10 and TK11?

The TK10 runs on CR123 or RCR123 Li-ion batteries and has a textured reflector.

The TK11 runs on CR123 or a 18650 Li-ion battery and has a smooth reflector.

JeffInChi

Enlightened
I've heard that the Jetbeam Jet III pro throws better than the III M, anybody know if this is correct?
If it is true, how much better does it throw?
Enough to justify owning both?
What are some other differences between the two?

I didn't want to start a whole other thread.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam IMO is better than Fenix.

Jet-III PRO & Military throws around the same. ~9000lux @ 1metre. They're not really optimised for throw, but for its size, they do pretty good.

erlon

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam M R2 is A LOT brighter than the TK11, and is more beautiful as well.
The Jetbeam has the infinite brightness system that is a HUGE advantage (IMO).
About the quality, both are equivalent.
Regards !

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
Jetbeam has much higher "out of the box" quality than Fenix. I cannot speak too much on their overall quality and durability, because my Jetbeam died within 5 minutes of opening the box. Guess I'll have to wait for the replacement and get back to you on this one. Side note; the lens on the Jetbeam is crazy thick, I love that feature.

PS: Thank you Bug Out Gear! ;)

gilly

Enlightened
Jet III - M because of its great flexibility, high quality and ruggedness (with the SS bezel and tailcap). Drop that TK11 a few times and the nice black anodize on the ends will be all chewed up! TK11 is a very nice light - throws farther than the Jetbeam. But with a low mode that is still very bright, I like the Jetbeam's ability to go from only .2 lumens to 200 lumens.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, im surprised too, someone actually voted for the TK11... lol joking

but yeah, i expected this to be a tight one too. In the end, TK11 is a pretty good tool.