• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired NOW SOLD UK - 4D 50W Mag Mod Osram 64440

Hammer Train

Banned
NOW SOLD

I have for sale the following:

4D Mag (metallic blue) with KIU bi-pin socket installed, glass lens and metal reflector.
12AA>4D Modcod battery tube and 12xAA NiMH 'Instant's installed (similar to eneloops). Produces a LOT of light with the Osram 64440 bulb, and I will include 4 of these in the sale. This setup will also accept any other bipin bulb with similar voltage. Link to the bulb specs is below in LuxLuther's incan bulbs review, IMO it offers an insane amount of light without having to replace a blown bulb every couple of hours (see the test below)!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/bulbs/64440-IRC-50W.jpg

I'll take £80 - £75 - NOW £65 delivered in the UK.
Europe / USA please PM me.

Thanks,

Peter.

Last edited:

agrajag

Newly Enlightened
Re: FS: UK - 4D 50W Mag Mod Osram 64440

Hi Peter,

You've got me tempted :naughty:. A couple of questions though.

I was just wondering what the bulb is being driven at?

If the NiMH's are rated at 1.2V nominal then I guess the applied voltage should be around 14.4V, giving around 2000 lumens and 600hrs bulb life. Does that sound about right?

Also, what would be the best charger for the batteries? Are they the Vapex ones?

Cheers

Andy

dankleinman

Newly Enlightened

peterthomson

hello I sent you a pm please reply when you get a chance

thanks

dankleinman

agrajag

Newly Enlightened

If anything falls through with dankleinman, then I'll take backup.

Serves me right for sitting on the fence too long.

Andy

Hammer Train

Banned

Hi guys,

The battery voltage is probably nearer to 15.5v+ on a fresh charge, obviously there is some voltage sag under the high amp draw so I'm not sure what the applied voltage is exactly! To answer your question re. the batteries, I think you're right that they are made by Vapex.
I've sent a shipping quote to dankleinman and I am waiting for a response.
Agrajag, pm sent.
Peter.

dankleinman

Newly Enlightened

agrajag

Its all yours I was looking for somthing with throw and he just emailed me and told me more about the light and he said it was more of a flood type than a thrower . I guess I will have to keep looking

thanks again

dan

agrajag

Newly Enlightened

Dan,

Sorry to hear that it wasn't quite what you are looking for. Good news for me though I guess.

Peter, :takeit:. If you could let me know your PayPal address I'll send the payment asap.

Off to buy some batteries and chargers now!

Cheers everyone

Agrajag

Hammer Train

Banned

Thanks. Pay pal is ....... I'll send you a pm when i get home as it's difficult to write pm using my phone at work!

Last edited:

Empyfree

Enlightened
just my £0.01's worth. In my experience these types of light, whilst "more flood than throw" put out such a huge amount of light that they still put more light down the range than dedicated throwers, it just doesn't look like it! That being said, slap a FM 2.5 or 3" head on this body and you send All the light down the range, happy days!