Status
Not open for further replies.

cruisemissile

Enlightened
I ran across this deal on lapolicegear.
its a display set with SF e2 and e1 winelight
http://www.lapolicegear.com/suwilidie1wa.html
for $109 seems like a good deal.
but they say they're tethered but you can cut the tether.

anyone bought this?
I'm wondering if I do cut the tether., it will still have a "stump" hanging off the light. my wife would love these colors and we actually want to use them.
on the other hand, should I leave them attached "as is" for collectible purposes?

NickelPlate

Enlightened
Definitely seems like a bargain. The plum anodizing isn't really my style ;) but at that price and since they are limited then it I say go for it.

As for using them vs. leaving them on the display, only you can answer that one. Personally I don't do shelf queens so all of my lights get used.

NP

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
For that price $109.00...... 2 lights....and the display!!!!!

Awesome deal guy.

The tether looks like its attached to the clip where you would normally attach the lanyard, so if you took off the tether it would just be a regular Winelight.

Bill

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I'd try and save the shipping and tell them to keep the display and just send me the two lights if it was me! $109 is a great deal for those two surefire's!

rdh226

Enlightened
I ran across this deal on lapolicegear.
its a display set with SF e2 and e1 winelight
http://www.lapolicegear.com/suwilidie1wa.html
for $109 seems like a good deal.
but they say they're tethered but you can cut the tether.

anyone bought this?
I'm wondering if I do cut the tether., it will still have a "stump" hanging off the light. my wife would love these colors and we actually want to use them.
on the other hand, should I leave them attached "as is" for collectible purposes?
I bought one -- great deal. I bought it strictly for "collector display". (Yeah, I'm one of those nutcases.)

The tether is trivial to snip off if you want the lights.

And I'm sure you can sell the display itself (really nice) to some gullible foo...er...avid collector here on CPF/CPM!

If you want the plum winelights, this is a deal you won't soon be able to repeat, so get it now! $109 is a good price
for a normal E1E + E2E, let alone the "limited edition" ("rare", "collectable", blah blah blah) winelights.

-RDH

lebox97

Enlightened
I bought a set a month ago when this was posted
am surprised they still have any left - unless nobody noticed it before ...

they are pretty nice -
and since they come with the standard non-clicky switch... hot wiring with AW's new cell and the new LF bulbs will be forthcoming!
:devil:

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
They are trying to charge me $10 in tax and $10 to ship, I think I'll pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.