UltraStinger, Stinger, Polystinger

Larry1582

Enlightened
I know all of the Stinger series flashlights use the same charging cradle design. Can the Stinger and Polystinger be recharged on the UltraStinger AC/charging cradle and transformer?

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
It can, but if you use the SL Stinger XT charger, it's a fast charger, and not inherently heathly for the SL UltraStinger battery, which uses the standard rate charger... at least that's what the paperwork said. Sort of makes me wonder why the battery in the Stinger XT seems to always go down the tube in just a few months use, but the UltraStinger's battery is still going strong, charge after charge.

-Jim

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I say yes, only if you are using the slow charger transformer. Ultra Stinger (6 volt battery) can use slow charger transformer used by Stinger, Poly Stinger XP, all Stingers with 4.5 volt battery sticks. Ultra will not fast charge at low out of fast charger transformer for 4.5 volt Stingers. Output of fast charger transformer for Ultra's is to high for 4.5 volt Stingers. Out put of of Ultra Stinger that comes with slow charger is ok for regular Stingers. It is the same slow charger transformer that is used for 4.5 volt Stingers. I have all of the Stingers, Ultra included. Bill