Thrower TK11 vs Led lenser p14 vs police tech focus

Sonic Blast

Newly Enlightened
Sorry guys i know questions like this are posted all the time but it is time for a better thrower than the tk11. I am between the led lenser p14 and the police tech focus (low output but one of my m8s claims its a good thrower?) mu budget is £60 and battery life is not an issue. if anyone has any other suggestions i would be very greatfull also beamshots would be splended if anyone has any of the led lensers. Thanks for any help in advance.:twothumbs

jupello

Enlightened
I think the P14 has the best throw of those.. the police tech(=hokus focus?) might be able to focus pretty tight beam too, but I'm pretty sure it wont throw better than TK11 with the 60 lumens it produces. So if the size is factor, get T7/P7 instead of the police tech for newer led and brighter beam.. or just stick with the P14 for better throw&runtime&brightness in a little bigger package. There are couple beamshots of P14 in this thread..

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
From what I read the P14 should have more throw then the TK11.

For a LED thrower, also look at the Dereelight DBS. With the Cree XR-E R2 module it should be able to hit 30000 lux at 1m, almost 3x more then the TK11.

Sonic Blast

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Gunner12 and jupello :thumbsup:. By the way does anyone have any beamshots of the Dereelight DBS or the led lenser P14. Thanks