Older Surefire L4 sticking switch

faucon

Enlightened
Any suggestions on how to loosen up a very stiff switch? If I can get it to click on at all, it's almost impossible to turn it off again. Is disassembly the best option? The momentary works fine.

rtt

Enlightened
I remember some post about SF switch problems that were fixed by applying some light oil inside the tailcap. Someone with more info or links to the post can chime in. The best option may be to call SF, they may replace your switch.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
This is a typical problem of th eearly versions of the Z57. Your best option is to contacet SF CS and have it replaced with the current generation, which is perfect.

Some members performed mods for those stuck switches some years ago for a nominal fee that worked pretty well, too.

bernie

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree in regards to contacting SF for a hassle free replacement.

In the mean time place two small drops of BreakFree (or similar oil) down inside the tailcap and work it in by clicking
the switch several dozen times (while keeping the rubber boot facing the ground). This technique worked well on a
few of mine while waiting for the replacements to arrive from SF.

Keep us posted.

tango44

Enlightened
Send it back to SF they will replace it for free, my L4, E2D and E1L tailcaps fail and they replace all of them, I can't tell that was fast and no questions asked because they asked me a lot of stuff and the shipping was not so fast almost 3 weeks waiting after the got my package.

Good Luck.

faucon

Enlightened
Thanks for all of your suggestions. I appreciate it. I will try some Breakfree or similar oil, while I wait for Surefire to send me a replacement. I had almost forgotten that I had to get a replacement switch several years ago for my U2!