Throw Nightcore extreme/D-mini digi Q5 anyone own both?

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am struck between these two light's, I need a real good 1X123 thrower for my purpose but after a lot of searchs can't really find anything comparing throw between them. I love the rugged extreme built and compatability with E-series SF's, but imagine the smooth 'flector D-mini 175 lm model will probably throw more. anyone own both? Any other's to look at?

My main critria are RCR123 compatible, 2-3 levels, and ya, throw. VG

Last edited:

Saranic

Newly Enlightened
I have both, And I like the Extreme over the D-mini because of the switch on the mini just does not work well ( maybe just mine). Take a look at the jetbeam II IBS also

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
I have both, and like the Dmini better. No switch issues, seems to throw a hell of a lot farther & you can run an 18650 battery with it when you don't need the small package.

Battery Junction has them.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be well worth your while to take a look at Selfbuilt's "1XCR123A/RCR Roundup" review in the Reviews section.He has throw numbers posted for many of the single CR123 lights including the D-Mini Digital and Nightcore Extreme.Very informative thread, it is still on the first page.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
OCD, saranic, and ZMZ67 thanks for the heads up. I will look at those lights that thread. Keep'em coming.... VG

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got the Nitecore extreme, it is bright!! Even a bit brighter than a P2DQ5 in turbo, also throws better.

In my opinion this light is a lot more goodlooking than the D-mini (which can be confused with the DX mini 3w flashlight).

TECENG

Newly Enlightened
I just got the Nitecore extreme, it is bright!! Even a bit brighter than a P2DQ5 in turbo, also throws better.

In my opinion this light is a lot more goodlooking than the D-mini (which can be confused with the DX mini 3w flashlight).

Yeah, I've got the Nitecore Extreme and it is one bad-a$$ looking light. Throws well too...