"New" S&W 2AA Xenon Flashlight

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
\"New\" S&W 2AA Xenon Flashlight

While browsing through the local Academy Sports today, I came across the "new" line of Smith & Wesson flashlights. Since I'm always trying to find a "better" home for my Inretech 2AA adapters, I decided to pick one of the 2XAA S&W lights up. They're quite sturdy looking with adjustable spot-to-flood focus, a clickie switch like the Craftsman 2AA Tool Light, and a spare xenon bulb in the head assembly. They're $8.99 at Academy. For a basic "off the rack" 2AA flashlight, I was pretty impressed with it. It's fit and feel is every bit as solid as a MiniMag or Brinkmann Legend, and it blows the MiniMag away in terms of brightness. It has the typical rings and artifacts associated with most flashlights of this type, but nothing that a little WriteRight wouldn't take care of. It's brightness is slightly better than a MM with a Nexstar bulb. The bi-pin bulb of the S&W is a T1 1/2, vice the T1 of the MM, and the Academy I was at had a full rack of spare bulbs. Another plus for this light is that since the bezel does in fact come off of the head assembly, this thing has "mod possibilites" written all over it! For the price, this is a pretty good light that, IMHO, blows a MM out of the water in every aspect...NICE light for the $$.
FYI...
See 'em at www.acespilotshop.com click on flashlights, and it'll be light no. 7

PJD

...incidentally, the S&W DID turn out to be a better host for my Inretech adapter(s). I'll post about it in the LED forum