• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS-7-XRE Q5 Cree, 1600 lumen Scene Flood Light-DIY

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS-7-XRE Q5 Cree, 1600 lumen Scene Flood Light-DIY
7-XRE Q5 Cree, 1600 lumen Scene Flood Light-DIY

headov7.jpg

Here is the story, built by inspiration. More Pictures:

click link
7-XRE Q5 Cree, 1600 lumen Scene Flood Light-DIY

beam shot:
dscn0839ps5.jpg

200 yards to the stop sign, about 100 yards to the hump on the white speed bump.

$500 USD Buyer pays PAYPAL fees (PP formula: subtotal x2.9% + $0.30 = PP total)(PSsst... that is $514.8 total)

Buyer pays shipping, USPS and mailing insurance. Shipping is done on receipt of payment, PayPal or certified check or money order. I will honor the first "I'll take it" without conditions posted in the thread. I check CPF in the night, Mountain Standard Time, UTC/GMT -7 hours. Private Message the specific details please.

This is a custom modified light, Consider since it was not made for commercial sale then it is made with used parts. All the components are modified and are not in the original condition and configuration of the manufacturer. While these A123 batteries are considered a "safe Lithium chemistry," the buyer assumes all risks and responsibility to use this light safely and appropriately. This is a private sale and there is no warranty or guarantee. By making this purchase the buyer certifies they are at least 18 years of age and assume all risks and responsibility to use this light and parts safely and appropriately and accepts the light and parts in an "as is" condition.

Last edited:

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selling was good before the elections. Hmm... worried about money? Should I negotiate on Price?
The cost of parts on this ran me up to $500, and it took 15 months to get the correct electronics, the blue shark had to be invented before this could happen...so...
BUMP.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
bump for a real cool light and the fishing! I love flashlights and fishing, the 2 hobbies go well together but in Singapore due to rampant overfishing and non release of undersized fish, the population is dying off.

Nice light man! Wish i could afford it but currently the finances and more importantly, the wife, do not permit (well, what she actually said was USD$500 FOR A LIGHT?!?! ARE YOU INSANE!!)

I am actually, insane that is, for flashlights.

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Nice light man! Wish i could afford it but currently the finances and more importantly, the wife, do not permit (well, what she actually said was USD$500 FOR A LIGHT?!?! ARE YOU INSANE!!)

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

IMO a great price, for a nice light...

Good luck with your sale dude! :D

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I appreciate the admiration, I love the light. I have the same reaction from my wife--You spent how much?
I am building multi P7 lights that may out preform this but they are 6 months down the road, I am sure.
It costs a lot to build these monsters, I will not reduce the price as it is a loss and does not account for labor, but I am not in business, I build for the hobby of it. So if it does not sell that will not be a problem, I have a nice shelf for it.:wave:

Last edited:

Hey_Brightenup

Newly Enlightened
The wives just don't get it do they! :sigh:

Let's put things in perspective here--
It's the same with the old American musclecars from the late '60s - early '70s. Many think, "WHAT! Pay $25,000 to $150,000+ for an old Plymouth that sold new for less than $4,000?!?! THAT'S INSANE! YOU'RE CRAZY!" Well I guess I am. I caught Mopar Fever and Old Classic Car Fever years ago. That's just the way it is.
I'm like those two guys who admire your high-performance flashlight and understand the price. If I had the money, I'd be driving an $80,000-$100,000 '69 Dodge Charger Daytona or a '71 Plymouth 'Cuda 440 six-pack.
There are many kinds of "fevers" people can get (some call 'em "bugs"). I just happen to be one of the unlucky ones who came down with a serious case of American Musclecar Fever and have no way to cure it or satisfy it anymore at their current prices and my income level.
To put things in financial perspective, the wives of you guys with Flashlight Fever should be VERY THANKFUL that it's that and not American Musclecar Fever you caught!

In the case of these customized high-performance lights it's the combined actual cost of the parts and the rarity and performance of a custom that runs the price up. With the old musclecars it's the rarity and popularity/demand that has run up the price. In both cases it's a "fever" some of us catch for the objects of our obsession that produces them (or restores them, or modifies them) and ultimately makes them available for those of us who truly admire them and take the opportunity to very happily own and use if we can afford the price our particular "fever" demands. The Flashlight Fever is nothing financially compared to the fever I've got. Flashlight Fever IS affordable. If this particular flashlight that's up for sale turns you on and you'd experience good use out of it combined with a lot of admiration and joy to satisfy your Flashlight Fever, by all means, go for it! It's really not that much when you consider the bugs some other folks come down with.

Keep Shinin'!

-Randy
Tucson AZ
Former owner of:

'71 Plymouth Barracuda -- B5 blue with white vinyl top and blue interior.
(Year owned: 1975 [my 1st car at age 16]--Condition: almost like new. Purchase price in '75: $1,200. Restored price today: $15,000-$25,000)

'74 Plymouth 'Cuda 360 -- Yellow with black vinyl top, original factory installed black stripes front-to-rear on the upper part of the sides, black interior.
(Years owned: 1976-1979--Condition: very good. Purchase price in '76: $2,800. Sold in '79: $2,700. Restored price today: $20,000-$30,000)

'70 Dodge Charger R/T-SE -- 440 magnum engine & Hurst pistol-grip 4-speed. Red with black wraparound "bumblebee" tailstripe and black interior.
(Years owned: 1989-1995--Condition: very straight no damage body with oxidized paint, interior somewhat rough, VERY strong sound engine. I drove it without problems from central Arkansas to southern Arizona when I moved in 1990. I used it to tow my little Datsun car on that trip. Purchase price in '89: $2,500. Sold in '95: $3,900. Restored price today: $30,000-$40,000).

'69 Dodge Coronet 500 convertible -- 383 magnum engine (one of only 246 '69 Coronet 500 convertibles made with this engine). Red with white convertible top and red interior
(Years owned: 2001-2008--Condition: very good. Recent like new repaint, original very nice interior. Engine used a lot of oil (needed an upper engine rebuild) but very clean and sounded and ran good. Purchase price in 2001: $12,500. Sold in early 2008: $17,500. Restored price today: $25,000-$35,000).

I've now been priced out of my love of Mopar muscle :mecry::broke:

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
A bump, if it does not sell as I cannot reduce the price on this since it cost me more than that to make it... I get my first shelf queen and I am relieved that I get to keep it.
If you read the link you can see the sediment it has for me.