My cat likes to chase a 1 AAA Dorcy Flashlight on a string. What does your cat like?

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My cat loves to chase a 1 AAA Dorcy Flashlight on a string. What does your cat li

The box it came in, probably. :naughty:

Illum

Flashaholic
cats seem to like fitting themselves into very tight boxes...the logic doesn't go too well with dogs:candle:

if you own a cat or knows someone who does you'd understand whats funny about rotund cats squeezing in and out of boxes:grin2:
btw, not all cats do this...:)

not my pics, but they do well to show the point

rehosted from link without expressed permission

Last edited:

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Part of me believes my cat found that my L0D is small and rolls and would be a superb toy and batted it under something.

My L0D has been MIA since September when the windstorms knocked the power out. I've looked for it in, out, up and under. Last I recall tossing it in the passenger seat of my truck.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
cats seem to like fitting themselves into very tight boxes...the logic doesn't go too well with dogs:candle:

if you own a cat or knows someone who does you'd understand whats funny about rotund cats squeezing in and out of boxes:grin2:
btw, not all cats do this...:)

PROOF!

IMG_2124.jpg

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you've never tried a weak red laser running it around the floor and walls then you've probably never seen a cat go really bonkers. Just make sure it's low power and don't hit them in the eyes. My cat used to go crazy trying to catch that little red dot.

LED Flashlights.

Enlightened
My cat also likes lanyard end and light from my 2 AA L2S Fenix.

That's how I got my cat from under the bed.

I point light end to the wall and the backend with the lanyard towards the cat and shake it. The cat hears the rattling of the batteries and sees the shaking of the lanyard and light and likes its.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
While she was still with us, my cat liked to have me clean out the inside of her ears with a q-tip. Only I could find the right spot to send her into little **gies of pleasure.

It used to really annoy my wife, but my cat would follow me around when her ears itched....

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I also had to remove all my lanyards so that my lights do not get lost under the furniture and refrigerator. :shakehead

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I am allergic so no cats for me but I have a short story...........

Years ago my friend had a cat that needed castrated and for some reason his family used the old rubber band method of "fixing" it. :sick2:
PETA issues aside....... a few days later when they finally fell off, his cat spent the whole day batting the little sac around till his mom came home, screamed about it, and tossed em out!

The horror, the horror.....................:crazy:

Sarratt

Enlightened
My cat is currently trying to convince me to get a AmondoTec N30 spotlight.
It's his belief that squirrels in the back yard will exhibit "deer-caught-in-the-headlights" behavior. .... there is mumbling about not enough convenient midnight snacks currently available.
:shakehead

... that squirrels are not active at night is being dismissed ("if we had that spotlight then we would know for sure")

Flandry

Newly Enlightened
If you've never tried a weak red laser running it around the floor and walls then you've probably never seen a cat go really bonkers. Just make sure it's low power and don't hit them in the eyes. My cat used to go crazy trying to catch that little red dot.
^X2
Laser pointers are great as long as you're careful with them. Cats can't wrap their brains around the fact that the spot they see moving around isn't an actual object/living thing. It's great to let them "catch" the spot then try to figure out how it suddenly ended up on top of their paws.

rockz4532

Enlightened
my cat likes to go into plastic wal-mart bags:D
edit: also he likes to climb upstairs really fast and tries to trip me when im halfway up, also i like your optical illusion avatar engrpaul!

Last edited:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My cat loves to chase a 1 AAA Dorcy Flashlight on a string. What does your cat li

The box it came in, probably. :naughty:
We bought tons of toys for our cats over the years. Most times paper bags and boxed win over toys. The widgets from cans of Guiness beer are their favorite "toys".

The sun reflecting off my watch or a low power red laser pointer will keep them occupied for quite awhile.

Their command centre in the living room is a box we got at Costco flipped upside down. We refer to it as the cat condo.

They sleep on a box my wife's clothing steamer came in. I had to stuff it fill of platic bags so that fat man doesn't fall through it.

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don`t have a cat...

I have a American pitbullterrier though..

He likes cats....:D

They don`t like him......

mechBgon

Enlightened
I had to cat-sit my sister's three cats for months. Two of them will chase a speck of light. Two of them are very intense bird-watchers, complete with the teeth-chattering stutter meows. The third one is fixated on PLAYING WITH HIS FAVORITE "CAT WAND" and NOTHING ELSE.

YouTube video of the three amigos, including their encounter with the mysterious motorized massage pillow of doom:popcorn:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

+1 on that, my old dalmatian went nuts over that. Spent hours after i turned off the red laser hunting for it and whining till my mumm gt so upset and told me that i had driven the dog insane.

So, we tried to get it into his head that he had chased the red dot away by letting him chase it down the driveway then turning it off. Nope, didnt work either, it just extended his search area.

Then my younger brother had a 'brainwave', he took some bread, rolled it into a hard little ball, really tiny, and dipped it in ketchup and left it in a corner. He moved the laser dot around, let our dalmatian, Loki (shoulda been named 'Brick' for his smarts) chase the dot to the corner where he ate the bread.

BIGGEST MISTAKE! The darn dog now associated the red dot with FOOD!

Man, took him a few weeks to get over it. Ah well, i suppose he's having a good time in canine paradise chasing and eating red laser dots.