Happy Birthday USMC

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps.
Semper Fi
Good night Chesty, wherever you are!
:thumbsup:

KD5XB

Enlightened
Here's to General Puller, Presley O'Banion, General Lewis B. Wilson, General Paul X. Kelly, and all Marines around the world!
:thanks:

Earl
USMC 1977-1981
USAF 1983-1999 (RET)

Last edited:

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
and thanks to SSgt Rosario, SSgt Larson, Sgt Coffelt, and Sgt Harris for taking a bunch of goofy high school kids and turning them into Marines! Man, that's a tough job!

Steve K.
platoon 3073, MCRD San Diego, summer of '77,
but spent most of my time at VMAT-102 in sunny Yuma, AZ.

p.s. hey Earl, maybe I saw you at San Diego? I was there from June to September.

KD5XB

Enlightened
Yeah, maybe so! I was in 3041!

Hey, were you there the day the DI collapsed on a run behind the chow hall? We were on mess duty then, and I saw the whole thing -- they were trying to do CPR on him but it was no use -- he's been guarding Heavens streets for 31 years now.

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, maybe so! I was in 3041!

Hey, were you there the day the DI collapsed on a run behind the chow hall? We were on mess duty then, and I saw the whole thing -- they were trying to do CPR on him but it was no use -- he's been guarding Heavens streets for 31 years now.

hi Earl,

Hadn't heard about the D.I. I'm not sure if I would have believed that anything could take down a D.I.

I'm still amazed at how much time and effort the D.I.'s had to give. I was too busy being afraid of them at the time to appreciate it, but I hope they knew I'd appreciate it later (kinda like your parents, I guess).

Steve