So my Nite Ize LED broke now what?

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
So my Nite Ize LED drop in http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=28&product_id=127 stopped working about a month ago. I have only had it for a few months:mad:. What can I do I really liked it. I joked about how I would never get a chance to change out the batteries from my 6D Maglite, since I would 165 hours of run time:twothumbs. Well sadly I was right:sigh:. After using it for the first real time camping I left it on all night for 2 nights and used it outside. A week later after some regular use it didn't turn on anymore:mecry:. It just flashes very dimly when I hit the switch. I pulled it out and is looked completely fine but smelled real bad. I directly hocked it up to a 9 volt and is still didn't come on. So what should I do? I figured it shouldn't last less than an Incan bulb, can I get it replaced by Nite Ize or something? LEDs aren't supposed to just die that easily:thinking:.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mmmmm
I guess it got too hot?

I was thinking that to, except the bulb ran quite cool and the Maglite does hold it's lamps with metal. So the little heat the it produced would be sinked into the holder. It seems like it was the enclosed circuit board that probably fried. If this is the same faith of all of their LEDs I don't want another. But if the Mag LED drop in doesn't over heat "even considering it's dimming to reduce heat, it still produces a lot more power." So what gives Did I just get a dud:mecry:?

bigfoot

Enlightened
+2 on that. I had one of their Mini Mag 3 LED drop-ins burn out and they sent a replacement ASAP, no questions asked. Great company!

GPB

Enlightened
I have that same bulb and run the heck out of it and haven't had any problems. It is my son's nightlight/ what's that shadow/ get to the bathroom light and burns every night from 8-11 pm and sometimes goes all night. I LOVE that light. Its not the brightest, but it can't be beat for run time. I used it on a 2 C cell light and I would use batteries that came out of his toys after the toys stopped running. It will still run when the batteries are down to about .75 volts.

Just this weekend I picked up a Sears bulb for $12 bucks that is similar but I don't know how long it runs. You could always pick up that one and bring it back to Sears if it fails.

If you contact customer service, give us the details of the experience.

bluep3ace

Newly Enlightened
I've had two LED minimag dropins break. the pins to the circuit broke off, but since they're about $10 I just buy a new one. Well, actually, I've stopped using them, but that's why I got my second. I think my maglight host has problems as well.

Latest posts