Lanyard ideas for a SF L1 w/o the ring?

Nathan

Enlightened
I recently bought a used L1 (Cree) and it did not come with a lanyard or the plastic ring on the tailcap. How can I attach a lanyard to the light using the groove? Please show me your setups!

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Call SureFire. They'll probably send you a replacement ring at no cost. If you email them instead of calling, don't be shocked if you never get a reply. People seem to have better luck by phone. Let us know how it goes! :twothumbs

type-x

Newly Enlightened
I would agree with souptree to call them rather then email fortunately for me I always get a reply from them within a day the most was 3 days. As for installing the landyard its just a matter of clicking the two "half" rings together.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
You can purchase a Z60 Lanyard Kit
SureFire%20Z60%20Lanyard%20Kit%2064.jpg

Nathan

Enlightened
I already have a spare lanyard (SF). I just need ideas on how to attach it to the L1. For now I put a small split ring on the loops of the pocket clip. Then attached the lanyard to the split ring. Not sure if I like it. I'll might end up calling SF. I wonder how they handle customers who walk into their office. I drive by it everyday going to/from work.

As an aside, I was able to remove the switch boot retaining ring without having to heat the tailcap. This L1 can now tailstand with its Neko tailguard.

edit: It's actually an Oregon Shooter tailguard.

Last edited:

Nathan

Enlightened
Understood. But I don't want to pay $20 for it ($15 + shipping) and just keep the ring. I don't need another lanyard. Maybe I'll post a WTB for the ring over in the Marketplace.

prof

Enlightened
I've seen photos of a person using the lanyard without the attachment ring. Just use the lanyard bead (the round thing). Create a loop in the end of the lanyard using the bead, and slip the loop around the light where the attachment ring normally sits.

I have NOT tried this so I don't know...but it would be a quick solution since you already have a lanyard.

Let us know!

manoloco

Enlightened
Nathan: Does Nekomane still make those or are they available somewhere else?, i kind of want one to try, but dont even know the price for it.

btw, i have opened a couple of L1 switches and they dont glue the boot retaining ring. i didnt know they used to glue them, did they?

jugg2

Enlightened
I took the plastic ring off my L1. If I can find it you can have it free if you want it. I will see if I still have it.

EDIT: I found it! I took it off the day I got it so it has never been used. It does have a little scratch from where I took it off, but it is only cosmetic, it does not hurt the function at all.

Last edited:

Nathan

Enlightened
prof,
I tried that and it seemed to work OK, but it didn't feel 100% secure. Could just be my paranoia...

manoloco,
It's actually an Oregon Shooter tailguard. My mistake. I was thinking of Neko's E-series tailguards. I had the hardest time removing the ring on either my other L1 or my A2 (can't remember which). It had to be boiled in a ziplock baggie. I just checked the old stock rings and sure enough one has some glue residue.

jugg2,
Please send me your paypal or mailing address and I'll send a few dollars to cover shipping. Thanks!!!