Nitecore in Canada??

Status
Not open for further replies.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to new information I have retracted my statement.

Last edited:

alleycat8675309

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have any more information on this?

http://www.nitecore.ca/

Please take a look at this link. Tell me it isn't true!!

I was just about to order a Nitecore from Fenix Tactical. I'm Canadian by the way.

Well it is linked to Fenixtactical.com 's website. I haven't bought anything from nitecore.ca, but I've bought a TK11, TK10, LD20 and batteries in 4 different orders from Fenixtactical.com. Nitecore can do what they want, but I don't like monopolies.:thumbsdow

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore can do what they want, but I don't like monopolies.:thumbsdow

So if you worked with a company to design a light and had them produce it for you, you wouldn't mind if I went to the company that you had make the light and tell them "I want to sell it too!" and competed directly against you with your own product?

4sevens worked with Nitecore to design the EX10, D10, etc. What is wrong with him being the exclusive dealer in North America of a product he had a hand in designing? Fenix Tactical did not design these lights. Why should they sell 4seven's design and compete against him with 4seven's product?

GregU2

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered four Fenix flashlights from FenixTactical and have had no problem with them. I had trouble with a L1D and they sent me a replacement right away, without me having to send them the old one. They are always prompt and professional. I have also looked at their Nitecore flashlights many times and they carried the complete line. When I went to check on buying a Smart PD D10, I couldn't find the Nitecore line anywhere on their website. So I went to Nitecore.ca and found this announcement. I don't think this is a scam, but I would like more information about it. Perhaps 4Sevens would like to comment?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greg, how did you find Nitecore.ca? Has anyone heard of Nitecore.ca before this topic was created?

Also Greg, if you are having trouble understanding why you can't buy yourself a Smart PD from Fenix Tactical, it is because 4sevens worked with Nitecore to make it. Fenix Tactical didn't! You may want to educate yourself, here's info from 4seven's Smart PD topic in CPFMP Dealer's section:

#1 4Sevens and NiteCore Tactical Technology are teaming up to bring
you some of the finest flashlights in the world!

Our product designs will be tactical in nature with an emphasis on
multi-functional features without compromising usability. As the exclusive
North American distributor for NiteCore Tactical Technology, I will be providing
sales and lifetime warranty support for North America through 4Sevens.com.
All NiteCore products will soon be available for purchase at 4Sevens.com
and interested dealers can apply at NiteCoreUSA.com. Currently
pre-orders are handled at www.Fenix-Store.com until those two web stores
are setup.

#2 We licensed the Piston Drive (PD) concept from our famous
McGizmo! And with this as the base, NiteCore has taken a further step to
integrate a microprocessor-controlled interface dubbed as the "Smart PD"
system
. The Smart PD series is amazingly simple-to-operate yet
packed with intuitive features.

If you want to purchase 4seven's design, you'll have to purchase it from 4sevens. Why wouldn't you buy it from the guy who designed it?

Last edited:

GregU2

Newly Enlightened
Well, Nitecore.ca has been linked to FenixTactical for a few months now. So when I click on their link, that's where I wind up. I thought it was great I could have access to the Nitecore line and buy through a Canadian distributor and save shipping costs from the States. I assumed 4Sevens was on board with this. Has anyone actually ordered a Nitecore from FenixTactical? I'd be interested to know how the purchase turned out.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Doesn't 4sevens offer free world wide shipping?

Well, Nitecore.ca has been linked to FenixTactical for a few months now. So when I click on their link, that's where I wind up.

Yeah, Nitecore.ca links to Fenixtactical, but who links to Nitecore.ca? Where did you find Nitecore.ca? Does Fenixtactical link to Nitecore.ca?

Last edited:

notnormal

Newly Enlightened
Weird. I've visited the site before and it was legitimate. They carried a nice range of Nitecore products locally for Canadians. As stated by another poster, they were linked from fenixtactical's webpage.

I've also noticed recently a curious Nov. 6 post on 4Sevens website. So Canadians have another option.

Personally I think it's a discredit to both companies (Fenixtactical, nitecore.ca) the way they're behaving.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
I've seen the Nitecore.ca website before.

The advantage to Canadians is speed of delivery and not having to deal with potential border/customs issues.

That said, I've had no problems with Fenix store and customs (knock wood) and their service is top notch.

Their prices are better too.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
nitecore.ca has been around for awhile.

Alex, the owner of Fenix Tactical, also operates nitecore.ca.

They were offering Nitecore lights on the site last week.

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. Pretty scummy stuff coming from Fenix Tactical. Glad I don't do business with them. Maybe they should design their own brand of exclusive lights and they can be the exclusive North American dealer for them.

GregU2

Newly Enlightened
Perhaps it does have free shipping. Are there any other costs involved? Besides, as Canadian, I would like to support a Canadian company. There are very few stores in Canada who supply quality flashlights. I can think of many stores where you can buy a product without being expected to order from the guy who created or invented it. Perhaps you should educate yourself on how commerce works.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
They were offering Nitecore lights on the site last week.
From what I've seen and observed previously, there is some bad blood between David and Alex (thank you captain obvious :D )

Yeah, Nitecore.ca links to Fenixtactical, but who links to Nitecore.ca? Where did you find Nitecore.ca? Does Fenixtactical link to Nitecore.ca?
WadeF, the other posts are correct, NiteCore.ca was setup by FenixTactical around May (there was a discussion on CPF MP here about other Cdn sources to buy NC). I saw that FT sold NC back in May so I previously clicked on their NC link and it automatically took me to their NC page.

Nothing against 4-7s as I have purchased many lights and products from him (and I appreciate the free shipping) but, hey, don't we all like to shop around to see if there are other options for purchasing lights either cheaper or faster? Competition is, afterall, good. That said, I personally did not like FT so I actually prefer 4-7s:twothumbs... But I do still shop around... :naughty:

I only just saw the home page now - wow, talk about a rant. Don't know anything about the bad blood between 4-7s and FT so I'll leave that part of the discussion alone...

Last edited:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Do not purchase products form fenixstore and 4sevens! purchase it at fenixtactical!!!"

Sorry but sounds like pure marketing to me.

"Do not purchase lights at surefire.com!! purchase them at my ebay store!!"

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps it does have free shipping. Are there any other costs involved? Besides, as Canadian, I would like to support a Canadian company. There are very few stores in Canada who supply quality flashlights. I can think of many stores where you can buy a product without being expected to order from the guy who created or invented it. Perhaps you should educate yourself on how commerce works.

You've never heard of exclusive products? When my kid wants a certain Transformer toy it maybe exclusive to Wal Mart. There have even been music CD's that have been exclusive to Wal Mart. Target can't sell them, etc.

What's wrong with 4sevens designing a light and being the exclusive dealer for his design? It should be his right to design an exclusive product and not want others selling his product.

If you want to support Canadian dealers, then buy the lights they offer.

notnormal

Newly Enlightened
Besides, as Canadian, I would like to support a Canadian company.

From 4Sevens website, Photongears.com (Toronto) is now a local option for Canadians.
*** November 6, 2008 ***

For all our Canadian customers who need NiteCore products shipped from within Canada please go to http://www.photongears.com/
They are an excellent dealer and will take care of their customers!

GregU2

Newly Enlightened
Wade F says: If you want to support Canadian dealers, then buy the lights they offer.

Wade. You are a sounding like the stereotypical arrogant American.

Status
Not open for further replies.