My new Streamlight Stylus

EMT40SW

Newly Enlightened
I am new to this forum, I've read alot of post over the last 2 months. Wow, some great poeple and ideas here. So I might be late to the party on this light but I just got a Streamlight Stylus to back up my Surefire 6P for work use. I must say I'm extremely satified at the size and brightness. I keep it in my uniform pocket like a pen.:twothumbs

tacticalmedic87

Newly Enlightened
I got a stylus a while back as well, great little lights, good for doing head to toes and for navigating in dark station that don't require all the light of a surefire. been thinking about getting one in red for working on reports in the truck at night.
:twothumbs

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just ordered a UV one. do either of you know how well it works as a UV light?

oh, and :welcome:

Last edited:

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I got the little Streamlight Microstream. Love it! Shocked at how smooth the beam is, considering its a smooth reflector.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just ordered a UV one. do either of you know how well it works as a UV light?

oh, and :welcome:
Supposed to be good, in the lower nm ranges so it will probably work with most id's. Although I've heard availability and risk of leakage can be tricky with the aaaa batteries. So I'm sticking with my arc for now. But I am very envious of that clicky tailcap. Let me know how it works out for you. I wonder if its a forward or reverse clicky.:popcorn:

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the little Streamlight Microstream. Love it! Shocked at how smooth the beam is, considering its a smooth reflector.

Yeah, I think the op reflector thing is something that might have been carried over unnecessarily from incan lights. :shrug:

nitesky

Newly Enlightened
For the Stylus, I recommend some kind of protector or shroud for the business end. I have a couple of these lights. Streamlight sells such protectors, I think I fashioned mine from pen caps or whatever seemed to work. Have not broken them yet.