colored lens headlamp

hockey7

Newly Enlightened
-does anyone know of a headlamp that you can switch from white, to other colors (green, red). I'm using it for hunting/fishing where I don't want to spook game. thanks.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
If you are as cheap as I am and only need the colored lenses from time to time, you can get a FREE sample pack of about a zillion different colored pieces of gel filters from a theatrical supply company.

I haven't done anything with them yet, but if I wanted one of my headlamps to be colored, I'd just tape one of the filter gels over the lens.

I got my samples here:

http://www.leefiltersusa.com/lighting/contact/

hockey7

Newly Enlightened
-really need a top quality lamp, one button adjustability from red to white to green...or white to green, whatever. Don't mind paying for quality.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
You might want to look at the Princeton Tec Eos Tactical or the new Quad Tactical. PT updated their Quad Tactical to 40 or 50 lumens so beware of older stock when and or if you do decide on that model. Both of these headlamps come with blue, red, and green filters that are easily swapped out and slide nicely into place once you have4 chosen your secondary color. The Eos will have more of a spot type of beam whereas the Quad will be more of a flood type beam. I haven't tried the Quad yet but I can say that I really like the Eos Tactical because the first push of the switch turns on the lowest light level and you can ramp up from their if needed as opposed to the other way around.

Petzl makes a Tactical version of their Tikka headlamps that comes with a red filter and I believe that you can buy other filters as an option. I believe that Gerber also makes a model with different colored leds as well but I have no direct experience with either Petzl or Gerber.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Energizer Hard Case 100lm headlamp has high and low white (using a Cree), 2x5mm's red, and 1x5mm green. The red and green are on one switch, the white is on a separate switch. There is a flip up diffuser which can be used on any mode.