Is there an LED based strobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blinding

Newly Enlightened
Is there an LED based strobe being made? I don't mean some low power blinking unit but something bright.

I have seen several versions of xenon strobes. An inexpensive one uses a single D and will run for hours. But it has that high voltage power supply and a fragile glass tube.

I think that the current LEDs, like the Cree Q5, are bright enough to stand in for a xenon tube. I am thinking that if used in a pulsed mode with a relatively low duty cycle, once a second, it could be driven even harder without damage.

I am imagining a small unit with a CR123, no reflector, and a circuit to pulse it. Seems like this would be significantly more reliable and lighter than existing units.

Marduke

Flashaholic
There are literally hundreds of LED lights capable of strobe. A better idea of how you plan to use it will help narrow any suggestions.

AvidHiker

Enlightened
A quick, effortless search of this forum with the word "strobe" will get you started. Or how about that google thing, ever heard of that?

Sorry, but I had to say something.:welcome:

DM51

Flashaholic
Marduke and Avidhiker are right. Probably more than half the threads in this forum are about LED lights which have a strobe function.

You have been a member here long enough to be able to look things up, but you just didn't bother. I suggest you do some reading. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.