EagleTac P10C or EagleTac T10C

Optik49

Enlightened
EagleTac P10C or EagleTac T10C

I want to try one of these. The only difference seems like the reflector. I'm thinking the T10C might be uncomfortable in the pocket. Anyone have both?

Newly Enlightened
Me three.

I'm considering the T10C as a cheaper alternative to the Surefire E1B I was thinking about.

I carry clipped lights bezel up, so I'm not anticipating the larger reflector to be an issue, but I'd like to hear some first hand accounts...

Optik49

Enlightened
I just looked prior to your posting. LOL I liked the NiteCore Extreme better that the E1B. So after looking at the reviews I'm thinking, I might go with the P10C. It's smaller and I think the beam is just as good maybe even better than the T. I like the head turn for the low. I did not like the E1B because you must go to the low then back to high with intermittent use.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out this review site. This might help you with your decision. T10C has a bigger head BUT it does not have a longer throw as anticipated.
http://light-reviews.com/reviews.html

Thanks for link,

I find the information that the larger reflector of the T10C provides a narrower hotspot but wider total beam profile and a brighter spill beam, as mentioned before in another thread. This is an issue I find very valuable. In the most situations I don't need an extreme throwing ability, but rather brighter spill.

Regards, Patric

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have either (one is on the way), but I've read a lot about this and pmed a few people. Basically Swedpat's got it: the T10C barely increases throw, and decreases the size of the hotspot. But the spill is much wider, and around the same brightness. But I'd actually put it slightly dimmer rather than brighter than that of the P10C. Other than that the only difference between the two lights is physical size.

I actually decided to go with the P10C. I also bought a T10L for the wide spill, a feature I really like.

Lookin4U

Newly Enlightened
I do have both, as well as the AA's and am planning on getting the T10L the next time my wife isn't looking;). The T10C2 does throw further and has a wider spill. The P10C2 has a larger hotspot with narrower spill. The spill of the T10C2 appears much brighter than that of the P10C2, but I think it is just because it is the same brightness but much larger. Both have wider, and much brighter, spill than any comparable light on the market, especially anything that throws as well as they do!
I prefer, and use for duty, the T10C2 because I need lots of throw and bright spill! (BTW, the AA's aren't too shabby either... the P10A2 equals or betters many of the better 2xCR123's on the market - I'm starting to like this light a lot more to!)

Last edited:

Lookin4U

Newly Enlightened
Sorry guys, I "miss-wrote"... I don't have the T10C and P10C, I have the T10C2 and P10C2... Probably, though, the comparison will carry over (I hope).:crazy:

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry guys, I "miss-wrote"... I don't have the T10C and P10C, I have the T10C2 and P10C2... Probably, though, the comparison will carry over (I hope).:crazy:

Don't worry, be happy, the comparisons from Txxxx to Pxxxx are valid. The one Eagletac light that does not compare as well is the T10L. It has the wide head, but for some reason the spot has rings similar to the Pxxxx series. IOW, the T10C2 and the T10C have smooth transitions from a tighter spot to a broad spill. The P10C2 and the P10C do have some rings. However in normal use, the rings are not noticeable at all.

Let me second the comment from Lookin4U about the P10A2 with 2xAAs - the output is in the league with many 2xCR123 lights! ditto for the P10A being comparable with a single CR123 Q5 light!

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
... The one Eagletac light that does not compare as well is the T10L. It has the wide head, but for some reason the spot has rings similar to the Pxxxx series. IOW, the T10C2 and the T10C have smooth transitions from a tighter spot to a broad spill. The P10C2 and the P10C do have some rings. ...

I haven't seen people who've reviewed all of these light mention that. Is it possible your source got a defective unit?

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
And... I just got my T10L, and the profile isn't ringy. I don't have another EagleTac to compare it to, but it has almost no rings.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do I possibly have a "defective" unit? possibly. The beam certainly is not the same as the other T10xx lights. When I first saw the beam, I immediately thought that something was wrong.

FWIW, after a few battery discharges (AW, Ultrafire) in the T10L, I just now compared the T10L beam to the 6 other Eagletac lights - T-series and P-series. The T10L certainly has rings, even more so than with the P-series lights. The other T-series lights possess a smooth transition from spot to spill. The T10L has a ringy beam. However, when in use, and especially outside, the rings are not noticeable.

Also, the reverse-voltage "bumpers" fell off from the PC board in the head. These are the "bumpers" that would prevent the application of a reversed voltage on the light head because of a cell inserted backwards.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
just an fyi -

the sample of the T10L that I received is different from the other Eagletac lights that I have. Production run variations?

- this T10L has a finer-grained dimpling to the "orange peel" reflector than the other lights. The coarser the dimpling, the more the light rays are scattered and therefore the rings disappear. Ergo, the more the beam rings are visible. There is obvious variation in the dimpling of the reflectors.

- Nearly all of the Eagletac lights possess an anti-reflective coating on the lens that is greenish. The T10L has a strong purple/violet coating. It is interesting how much the coating varies from light to light as observed in the intensity of the color of the lens visible in a reflection.

- Somehow the reflector coating itself on the T10L seems different than the other Eagletac lights. Maybe that is because of the finer-grained dimpling.

LedZep

Newly Enlightened
To those that have several of the Eagletacs -

Do the T10L, P10C2, and T10C2 seem to have the same overall output (besides any variation in beam shape or details)?
Also, does the P10A2 (which I have) have anywhere near their output when comparing side by side? Wondering if it is worth getting now or wait until I can better afford. By the way, I have to agree, the 2 AA version is a really nice light! :thumbsup:

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
To those that have several of the Eagletacs -

Do the T10L, P10C2, and T10C2 seem to have the same overall output (besides any variation in beam shape or details)?
Also, does the P10A2 (which I have) have anywhere near their output when comparing side by side? Wondering if it is worth getting now or wait until I can better afford. By the way, I have to agree, the 2 AA version is a really nice light! :thumbsup:

hmm, a quick check confirms my usage impressions. The P10C2 or the T10C2 are clearly brighter (spot/spill) than the T10L. The P10C2 and the T10C2 possess a comparable output, just different beam patterns. Actually, the P10A2 and the T10L are not that different, except that the T10L has more of the output in the spill and the P10A2 has a larger spot.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. My T10L definitely has a green AR coating tint, and I haven't seen others report other tints besides green.

My T10L does have rings, but by a very loose definition. The beam looks great even on a white wall until I stop to inspect it, when I notice some faint and blurred rings near the hotspot.

Also, light-reviews.com rated the T10L as just about as bright as the T10C2. I'm not sure what to say about this. Your observations agree with the manufacturer's ratings. But I don't know what's going on with the rings and AR coating...

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. My T10L definitely has a green AR coating tint, and I haven't seen others report other tints besides green.

My T10L does have rings, but by a very loose definition. The beam looks great even on a white wall until I stop to inspect it, when I notice some faint and blurred rings near the hotspot.

Also, light-reviews.com rated the T10L as just about as bright as the T10C2. I'm not sure what to say about this. Your observations agree with the manufacturer's ratings. But I don't know what's going on with the rings and AR coating...

Regarding AR coatings, there probably are two coatings - inside the lens and outside the lens. The best way to see the outside coating on the T10L is to turn off the light and look at the reflection of another light from the lens. The other light should be white - as in a fluorescent twist bulb. The inside reflection is faintly purplish and can be observed best when the light is on high output. Actually, regardless of color, all of the lights vary in the intensity of the AR coating.

As for the rings, since all of these lights have a CREE something LED in them, the only difference from light to light is primarily the dimpling or stipling of the reflector to scatter the rays a bit to sort of hide the rings. In the case of the T10xx, the reflector is of a different design which in effect takes some of the spot and converts it into a wider spill. I do observe noticeable differences in stipling/dimpling of the reflector between the Eagletac lights. I have only 1 each of the Eagletac lights, so variation in production of the same model is unknown to me. One data point is zero degrees of freedom.

Latest posts