Best Drop in For This Custom- M60 or M30

SleeveleSS

Newly Enlightened
OK, so I just picked up a 6P body that will fit an 18650 cell or standard primaries thanks to the wonderful Marketplace. I have been trying different lights to find what suits me, including a stock 6P LED, Olight T20, and Fenix P3D. Now that I know what I prefer, I am hoping to build exactly what I need. I like the form factor of the 6P the best, hence my newly acquired host. I do have a few questions though.

I have read what I could find about the M30 vs. the M60 drop in, but am still confused about what I need. I know I want the flood version of whichever I get, but do I need the M30 to run the 18650? Advantages or disadvantages to either?

Also, is there a clicky with momentary that would also allow me to run a couple levels? At least a max and a medium. I'm not even sure if it is the tailcap that controls this, or circuitry in the drop-in. I know that I'm in way over my head in this, and I've contacted Milky to see if he could create what I'm wanting, but I've read he's very backed up at the moment and I believe it because he hasn't returned my email. Hopefully I can handle this myself. :twothumbs

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can convert the guts from a stock E1E clickie to 2 stage.
http://theledguy.chainreactionweb.com/product_info.php?products_id=963

I have both of the bulbs you mentioned. The M60 is for 4v to 9v applications where the M30 is for 1.5 to 5v.

The F versions offer tons of flood, I don't own any of these, but was hoping someone would post some pictures up to see if I need a flood version of the Malkfoff M30.

SleeveleSS

Newly Enlightened
As I said, I did search and read what I could find, but that doesn't mean that I understand it. :nana: Thanks for the help. Looks like the M60F is what I need, so now I just have to wait for a good deal to come along in the Marketplace. Now to figure more out about my clicky options.

Rat6P

Enlightened
Yeah..if you want to run with the single cell..the M30 is the way to go!
Keep in mind that if you get the M30 though you cant just pop 2x cr123 in when you dont have any rechargeables handy( or they are flat)....you would need to use a cr123 spacer + 1xcr123/rcr123

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't recommend flood - because the hot spot is less intense, it seems like the lite is less brite than it actually is. I think standard M60 is best, due to the narrow 8 degree optic. It still has tons of spill.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't recommend flood - because the hot spot is less intense, it seems like the lite is less brite than it actually is. I think standard M60 is best, due to the narrow 8 degree optic. It still has tons of spill.

I don't own the M60F yet and wanted to purchase it thinking it would appear brighter due to the same intensity being spread around.
You have a good point though, if there is no hot spot and the spread is more then it would appear less bright.

What do others experience with the Flood bulb??????????