jogging light and carry method

sloganuga

Newly Enlightened
Having started jogging in the last few months, I find myself in need of a light with the days getting shorter. The place we jog is mostly wooded trails with no additional lighting sources around. I have been carrying either a fenix e01 or p1d-ce in my pocket, but the bouncing around and fear of them falling out is bothersome. I really do not want to use a headlamp because I seldomly use the light, but want to have it just in case. Having to cycle through the normal and turbo setting on the p1d is also not ideal. I was thinking of a nightcore d10 with a pocket clip. This would allow me to clip the light securely to my shorts, as well as program the light to come on low enough not to ruin my night vision. Anyone got any suggestions on other lights and carry methods?

UltraRunner

Newly Enlightened
The bulk of my ultrarunning training starts at 4:30 a.m. For me, a headlamp (Myo XP) and a backup handheld light with wrist lanyard is the ticket. Most trails I can just use the headlamp. For technical trails or junctions I supplement with the handheld. Lanyard is very important. You will take a fall and who knows where the light will end up.

stitch_paradox

Enlightened
I love jogging at dark too and my light is the Nitecore Infinity. It fits perfect in my hands plus I love the tactical clicky. I carry it in my hands with a lanyard, I don't clip lights on unto my body or clothes because it has a tendency to fall off. I do carry a Boker Wharcom clipped to my shorts though, you'll never know when you might need to defend your self. This is my running combo, I don't run at night without it.

Toaster

Enlightened
Zebralight H30 with the included neck lanyard. Hands free operation and no chance of losing it.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using a Nite-Ize Grip N Clip. The AA size fits really well over most two cell 123 lights. I use a Surefire L4 and run a 17670 rechargeable. I get about 40 minutes of runtime. The L4 gives out a real nice flood.

crocodilo

Enlightened
My jogs are kinda short, 30 to 60 minutes, 7 to 12 kilometers, often at night. My flashlights of choice are:

E2DL - lightweight, primaries only
6PD/M60L - heavier, but running AWs

I carry them on my left hand, thumb to the side of the tailcap. Size and shape is adequate on both of them.
As you can guess, the choice for deep crenelations is not a coincidence, rather a requirement.

jimmybrown2

Newly Enlightened
I carry a Stream light TL3 in one hand and a SureFire G2 in the other. I can do a quick flash with either hand and I also have a good, solid handful of something should I have need of it. But I also spend most of my time on lit streets so if I flash one on to look at something, it's not so blinding to me. And I always have my Fenix P2D on my belt. I love going out at night. I work nights so on my nights off, it's not uncommon for me to be out and about at 2 or 3am.

IcantC

Enlightened
I don't run on trails, but out on the street. I will run through some dark parts sometimes. I keep my Q5 Z2 in my hand. Lately I have been running with my 1S DBS in hand. I ran with my A9 once, but it got annoying. This was due to dual levels(i don't have the momentary tailcap). I just want a momentary high single mode. I have run with my M6 as well :D.

sloganuga

Newly Enlightened
The Zebralight is an interesting option. I had thought about one of those for use duck hunting, but looking at all the mounting options might make it more of a multi-tasker.