got my Fenix L2T v2.0, but have a few basic questions

meli

Newly Enlightened
Hi, this is my first flashlight and I have a few quick questions.

1) The review of the L2T at Flashlightreviews.com says,
"The switch is a rubber covered clickie and is fully recessed in the tailcap which allows the light to stand on end and be used as an electric candle."
But my switch protrudes, making it impossible to stand on end. Could this be a change in the v2.0 models?

2) The same review says,
"You can lock-out the switch by unscrewing the tailcap 1/2 turn. This will prevent accidental activation when packing the light in your backpack or luggage."
But my tailcap doesn't seem to turn. Is this another change?

3) The light includes a spare rubber switch boot but no instructions on how to replace it. Are there instructions available online?

thanks in advance

Marduke

Flashaholic
1) The v2.0 has a forward clicky. The first edition was a reverse.

2) Can you not remove the tailcap? That's how you put the battery in to use it after all.

3) You remove the tailcap, unscrew the retaining ring, remove the internals and replace the boot. Reverse and repeat to reassemble.

meli

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick reply.

1) I read in another thread that the term "reverse clicky" refers to how the "momentary on" function works. Are you saying that it means whether the switch is recessed or not?

2) To put in batteries I unscrewed the head. The instructions show that both the output head and tailcap unscrews, but my tailcap won't budge.

Last edited:

jayhackett03

Enlightened
1) The v2.0 has a forward clicky. The first edition was a reverse.

2) Can you not remove the tailcap? That's how you put the battery in to use it after all.

3) You remove the tailcap, unscrew the retaining ring, remove the internals and replace the boot. Reverse and repeat to reassemble.

do the newer 123 clickie fenix's (such as the P3d) have a forward clickie?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Thanks for the quick reply.

1) I read in another thread that the term "reverse clicky" refers to how the "momentary on" function works. Are you saying that it means whether the switch is recessed or not?

2) To put in batteries I unscrewed the head. The instructions show that both the output head and tailcap unscrews, but my tailcap won't budge.

1) Please read the Welcome Mat for an explanation of forward vs reverse clicky.

2) Sounds like you're trying to unscrew the wrong part or something. The tailcap should unscrew.

do the newer 123 clickie fenix's (such as the P3d) have a forward clickie?

No, but you can get one as an accessory and install it yourself.

meli

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for that link. It doesn't appear that there's any reason you can't have a forward clicky with a recessed button. I guess Fenix decided for some reason to make the v2.0 model with a protruding button.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong with the tailcap. Do you happen to know if it's reverse threaded?

Marduke

Flashaholic
A momentary switch is easier to use with a protruding switch.

The tailcap has standard metric thread. Counterclockwise to loosen.

meli

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the help. I'll contact Fenix-Store; maybe I have a defective flashlight.

Last edited:

meli

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, through the head. I can't get the tailcap off. I tried everything short of using a wrench.

meli

Newly Enlightened
I just heard back from Fenix-Store regarding the stuck tailcap:

"We just discovered this yesterday as well. We are waiting to hear back from Fenix regarding this. We tested about 20 or so and they all are locked up in the tailcap."

Last edited:

Gatsby

Enlightened
Uh oh - well Fenix Store will take care of you!

I have the L1T and am quite fond of it. Had and L2T and it was a bit long for my typical uses, but otherwise a fine light. I'm surprised they don't get more pixels spilled on them here as they are quite nice task lights and the beam on my L1T Cree Q2 is, well, very very nice.

LED_astray

Newly Enlightened
I just heard back from Fenix-Store regarding the stuck tailcap:

"We just discovered this yesterday as well. We are waiting to hear back from Fenix regarding this. We tested about 20 or so and they all are locked up in the tailcap."

Perhaps this is a procedure change.

I don't have a proper L1T, but just got the Leatherman LGX 200, a (presumed to be) relabeled version. Its directions say to remove the head to replace the battery. (My tail cap does unscrew, but they say not to do it.)

Maybe the loosening switches motivated a change?

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps this is a procedure change.

I don't have a proper L1T, but just got the Leatherman LGX 200, a (presumed to be) relabeled version. Its directions say to remove the head to replace the battery. (My tail cap does unscrew, but they say not to do it.)

Maybe the loosening switches motivated a change?

That's really weird. That would definately suck if this was the case and the tails are intentionally glued. LOTC takes away a lot of "tacticality".

Latest posts