What did you use on your last Flashlight Geek adventure?!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to the Guiness Book of World Records largest corn maze at night with my wife. I planned it so I could use my current Holy Trinity of lights. I had an Aeon in the left pocket of my jeans, a Arc6 in my jacket pocket, and a M6 w/MN15 LA as my primary light. My torso pack was filled with spare batteries and bulbs.

It was a wonderful excuse to use my favorite lights. My wife used a L2 and had an Arc AAA as a backup.

The adventure was planned two weeks in advance. I agonized over what lights to take. First it was the minimalist approach, then it was max output. Back and forth, back and forth. In the end I brought a highly entertaining and functional mix. I thought floody LEDs would rule but I was wrong. The M6 was perfect. That night big lumens ruled.

What did you do and what did you take on your last flashlight adventure?

kelmo

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Night time corn maze with a M6? Might as well have been day time in there. :)

I'd love to go through a corn maze like that with just an ARC, or Fenix E01, etc. See how well I could get around with minimal light and make things more challenging. :)

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I knew it was flashlight geek adventure time, I'd go for absolute max output possible.... 10 MC-E's, anyone? ;)

SaturnNyne

Enlightened
My last flashlight adventure was to drive out a farm road and have a look at a bridge that's being reconstructed. I had a 120P, gen6 L1, ML1, Inova T1, and G2Z with M60 all going at once to give enough light to get some photos. Difficult setup to hold, but it was all I had at the time.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The beam of the M6 in an open field, 43 acres of corn, really gets swallowed up by the surroundings. Even the mighty MN21 LA becomes pretty puny in a really dark open field. The MN15 LA I used was perfect. A brilliant white hotspot, the Mark III eyeball indicates output at 33% of what a MN20 hotspot would be. Kind of like comparing a MN02 and MN03 LA. The runtime was impressive. One hour and 45 minutes on a used set of batteries without any noticable sag in output. I shut it down a few times when we found the raised platforms. The soil was damp clay and the corn stalks were greens and browns. There was very little glare and the throw was really useful when trying to figure what direction to take. In a more reflective environment it would have been pretty useless. There was enough moonlight to navigate by, alot of teenagers were doing it. Not my cup-o-tea though.

Over kill yes, but it was soooooooooooooo much fun.

I think I posted this in the wrong forum. Mods can you please move it to "General Flashlight Discussion?"

Last edited: