TK11 vs T10C2 vs CL1H V4 vs Jet-III M

brett174

Newly Enlightened
It's been almost 2 years since my last flashlight purchase, so I've decided it's time for an upgrade :) Hoping to get some advice from everyone. :)

I guess I'd like an all rounder of a flashlight, have been looking at the 4 in my subject line. Something that throws well outside (and is really bright) and also has a nice beam inside. I think I prefer the beam colour to be on the warmer side, I definitely dont like green or blue tinged beams. I'd prefer to use CR123A batteries with the possibility of going down the 18650 route at a later stage. The other things like price, reliability, build quality are also important. I hope thats not being too picky :p

Last edited:

Lookin4U

Newly Enlightened
Currently the EagleTac T10C2/T10L seem to be the kings of raw output for a single Cree tactical light. All of these lights are excellent. The Jet-III M may even out throw the EagleTacs, but none of the other three are comparable with the exceptional throw, best in class spill, and raw out-put of the EagleTacs....
All of the other officers who have seen my EagleTacs have switched to them, even my Lieutenant who was a "dyed-in-the-wool" Surefire+Malkoff man (sorry Gene, you still make great lights). I, myself, was a Surefire man who also owned a couple of each of the others (Fenix, Olight, Nitecore, Streamlight, Inova, Pelican, etc, etc.) but now use my EagleTacs exclusively for duty (and an ElektroLumens SSC P7 for "super-flood" situations).

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'd say the Jetbeam mostly because of the ability to adjust the output levels.

All of those are good lights but they might be a bit big for EDC use.

Beam tint is still dependent on the LED itself. LEDs from the same bin might have visibly different tints.

moldyoldy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, from the subject line, I can vouch for the T10C2. According to http://www.light-reviews.com/reviews.html, the T10L has excellent regulation on an 18650 cell whereas the TK11 evidently does not regulate very well on an 18650 cell. As for the CR123 option, simply use a single (R)CR123 cell and add a dummy (conductive) CR123 cell. The voltage and therefore light output will be nearly the same albeit certainly not optimal. Yes, the CR123 size is certainly loose in the barrel intended for an 18650, but it is functional.

Also, may I suggest the P10C2 with a somewhat narrower spill, but a larger spot than the T10C2. Another option would be the P10A2 (2xAA) which is really impressive and gives up very little in spot intensity to the T10L (18650).

If you want the option of Li-Ion in AA format, then the only lights that maintain their full functionality on 3.7v Li-Ion cells are the Nitecore, but the Nitecore output is not up to the Eagletac outputs. The Eagletacs lose their low level with a 14500 cell (AA) although evidently the overvoltage is allowed. Keep in mind that for a smallish backup light, the P10C gives a credible output relative to the 2 cell formats.

rantanplan

Newly Enlightened
I would vote for a Jetbeam JetIII-M, because it´s a real allrounder and can use CR123A, 16340 and 18650. It has two modes (via turning head) and is very versatile because the second mode is programmable. The throw ist very good, noticeably better than my Fenix TK10. Not to mention the good build quality.

The thing with the regulation on 18650 is getting too much attention (imho). It´s true that you don´t get full power the whole runtime ... but the loss in brightness isn´t that much. Remember that the perception of human eyes doesn´t go linear with brightness. If you can live with that small loss over the time (and primary the thought in your head: Damn, I don´t have full power ;)), you get some advantages too. Longer runtime, better efficiency, option of using CR123As as a emergency reserve with full power.

But I´ve to say honestly: I still like the TK10/TK11 look most. The Jet-III M would need a gently crenelated bezel to look "cool" ;). Hope that Jetbeam offers such a bezel ring in the future too ... the available "attack bezel" is a joke.

FYI ... I own a TK10 for some months and a Jetbeam JetIII-M for a couple of hours now ;).

faucon

Enlightened
The Jet-III M is built like a tank and is very versatile given its adjustable output and ability to take various kinds of batteries. It also throws extremely well. Even with that said, I personally prefer my EagleTac T10C2. The T10C2 takes CR123As or RCR123As, has a smoother, nicer beam than the Jet, and is also extremely bright with a truly functional combination of throw and flood.