EagleTac P10C or T10C, which one would you get ?

Valmet62

Newly Enlightened
Need a light for walking at night, which one would be the better light EagleTac P10C or T10C ? I want a single C123 light.

Thanks
Valmet62

Freddy

Newly Enlightened
Need a light for walking at night, which one would be the better light EagleTac P10C or T10C ? I want a single C123 light.

Thanks
Valmet62
They are both 2 CR-123 lights, not a single. I have one on the way!

JackJ

Newly Enlightened
They are both 2 CR-123 lights, not a single. I have one on the way!

Actually, both come in single and two cell models, the latter distinguished by a "2" at the end of the model name. The o.p. is talking about single cell lights.

Jack

Freddy

Newly Enlightened
Actually, both come in single and two cell models, the latter distinguished by a "2" at the end of the model name. The o.p. is talking about single cell lights.

Jack
Thanks, Jack. I didn't look at the whole site, I just went for the light with the highest lumens!!!!!!!:naughty:

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was just a thread with the same question. I'll answer the same I posted there:

Both lights have the same overall output. The T10C is, obviously, bigger. The T10C has slightly, but not much, more throw, a smaller hotspot, and wider but slightly dimmer spill.

I personally prefer the P10C for its wider hotspot and smaller size. I also bought the T10L, which really lights up its wide spill, as well as providing very long runtimes.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both lights have the same overall output. The T10C is, obviously, bigger. The T10C has slightly, but not much, more throw, a smaller hotspot, and wider but slightly dimmer spill.

According to http://www.light-reviews.com/eagletac_t10c2/ the spill beam is as well wider and brighter, not dimmer:

"Although it would be common to assume that the larger reflector of the T-series would provide a tighter beam and better throw, this is not totally true with this light. While the hotspot is a little narrower compared to the P-series at distance, it isn't much more intense than that of the P10C2. Instead, EagleTac has designed the reflector to provide a beam profile which has brighter and wider spill beam."

Regards, Patric

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to http://www.light-reviews.com/eagletac_t10c2/ the spill beam is as well wider and brighter, not dimmer:

"Although it would be common to assume that the larger reflector of the T-series would provide a tighter beam and better throw, this is not totally true with this light. While the hotspot is a little narrower compared to the P-series at distance, it isn't much more intense than that of the P10C2. Instead, EagleTac has designed the reflector to provide a beam profile which has brighter and wider spill beam."

Regards, Patric

That's odd. The same site shows in lux readings that it's dimmer, and the beam shots show that the spill is even, so it isn't just a bright/dim spot that was measured. I'll ask the reviewer about that.