How would you spend $100.00?

SAVAGESAM

Newly Enlightened
Hello all, I have a sure fire G-3 with a bug out gear cree Q-5 LED in it, which i'm happy with btw. I'm thinking about ordering (4) 17500's and a charger from AW. Should I go that route or start fresh with something else? It HAS to have rechargeable batteries, the cost is killing me lol. Thanks in advance.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're happy with it already, does that mean when purchasing a new light with rechargeables, you'll be selling off the G3 to make up for some of the cost? Or will you be keeping both?

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
What don't you like about the G3/BOG setup, besides the $$$ investment in primaries? Anything in particular you would like to improve upon?

SAVAGESAM

Newly Enlightened
It's not that I dislike anything about my setup that I have now, I just wanted to make sure the route to take would be to get some 17500's and a charger Vs. getting something totally different. It looks to me so far that the smart money goes to the 17500's and charger.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you went with something else that gave similar output:
- A AA based light would pretty much demand NiMh or lithium to get similar performance. So that still means buying a charger and cells, or expensive primaries.
- Any other Li-ion based light...you're just trading which rechargeable cells you buy.

So either way you are looking at the investment in cells and charger if you want to go rechargeable, or high primary costs. Changing the light doesn't help. Since you like the light it just comes down to the best way to minimize operating costs. Sounds like you have a plan for that.