Red drop-in cree led modules

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys, I'm not a real torch nut and could do with some help finding a drop in red "bulb" module for this:
SuperFIRE 6P 6V WHITE LIGHT TORCH with CREE Bulb.

I got it off that coughbay site and saw a reference to a red drop in bulb but now cannot seem to find one.

I propose to use it for lamping rabbits and would like to compare it's performance to the white led module with a red filter.

I'm confident they exist, as a UK supplier markets a "ledray GL2", but doesn't yet carry spare bulbs for them.
Google "ledray GL2" and see the first result shows them with green and red units.

Looking forwards to replies from some of you. You guys get frequent mentions on a shooting forum I am a regular poster on, the "airgunbbs", I have the same membername there.

Thanks in advance, Dave.

EDIT: I should say I'm looking for what I think you guys call a thrower: I want a long range ultra narrow beam, maybe 4 degrees or less if possible. Spill amount is not really important, but could do with being minimal too if thats possible.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
There are several previous threads asking for Red P60 dropins. Your answer lies there (and with using the search function)

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Croyde, any idea what beam angle that is - or what it's width would be any given distance please and perhaps battery life of two 123's?

Thanks Marduke, I sort of hoped that they were the P60 units I searched on, but didn't know they were P60 for sure. I found several threads that enquired about red/UV - but couldn't find any that revealed a source or description for red ones.

If anyone knows where to get information about red one's, with various beam patterns could they maybe PM me if links to them are not allowed on open forum please.

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened
There are several previous threads asking for Red P60 dropins. Your answer lies there (and with using the search function)

Danged if I can find those several previous threads you say are there Marduke - perhaps you educate me please?

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Over a distance of circa 25-30 feet the spot illuminates an area of circa 6 feet across and I would say has a usable range approaching 100 feet but it is certainly not a light for long range use. The beam is very smooth (has an OP reflector) and has no apparent rings to it. I hope that helps.

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, forgot to add that in terms of run time, I am running this off a Pila 600S (probably should use 2 x R123a cells) and while not running it continuously, I would estimate something in the order of 60-75 minutes.

Some bloke

Newly Enlightened
Much appreciated Croyde. The limited 100 ft range more or less rules it out for me really as I need to clearly identify a rabbit at about 100 yards. Sounds like I need a smooth reflector and a much tighter beam, perhaps 6 feet at 100 yards. I have put a piece of red studio gel film behind the lens to try it for now.

That run time would be ok as it'd only be used with a tape switch while looking through the scope. I have a led lenser to use for walking and looking about with.

I'll be keeping my regular halogen scope mounted lamp which has a dimmer switch and rifle mounted battery pack for the time being then.

Croyde

Newly Enlightened
Wiseled do offer one of their units with 3 red leds and what I think is a quoted output of 420 lumens but this would be a larger light overall and you would need to check with them regarding the range of the light. Alternatively I believe that you can order a Wolfeyes storm with red leds, might be a special order though.