Surefire broken?

Penguin

Enlightened
I just got my brand new E2e and KL1 head today, sadly I'm having troubles getting the regular lamp to work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif When I first took the E2e out of the box, it worked great. I switched the heads so I could test out the KL1. When I put the regular head back on (60 lumens) the lamp doesn't light up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif I know the lamp isn't broken because when I push down on the lamp assembly, it still turns on.

Is there something wrong with the head or the lamp? Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

-Josh

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Sounds like you aren't completing the ground path from battery tube to cathode ring on the Lamp Assembly. You may need to tighten the bezel to tube real tight? You can try bending the cathode washer on the lamp up a bit so it contacts the tube sooner. Hope this helps.....

- Don

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I experienced the same problem when I received another E2e body for my KL1, for which I had originally replaced an E2e bezel.... ...ehh, did that make any sense? Anyway, Don hit it on the nose. It has to be tightened beyond "firm" i.e. tight, and it'll light up just fine. Don't forget to get that tailcap real close to the "constant on" stage... it's a lot more closely screwed in than other SF tailcaps.

-Jim