Placement of Proton's pocket clip

lunardelite

Newly Enlightened
Hello all Proton owners.

I recently bought a second Proton and noticed that the pocket clip does not line up directly opposite from the switch. The reason I bring this up is because my first Proton's pocket clip does line up. And it makes finding the switch and holding the light much easier. My question is do all the Proton's clip have different placements or did I just skewed one? I've tried adjusting it but can't seem to find a way. Anyway, just want to get others opinions.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The clips on my Protons, both Pro and old model, are directly opposite the switch (maybe a degree or two off). I can't think of a way to adjust it.

Geoff

lunardelite

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, mine is more than a few degrees it's like almost at right angle to the switch.
If there is no way to adjust it I'm thinking about exchanging it. Usability in the hand is important in a flashlight.

The clips on my Protons, both Pro and old model, are directly opposite the switch (maybe a degree or two off). I can't think of a way to adjust it.

Geoff

Photon Joe

Newly Enlightened
Let the battery spring in the tailcap get " broken in " and it should be fine.
Both of mine were that way but after a week or so of use the tail needed tightening a little at a time until they were where they should be.
Do not try to go too fast or you will get a dimple in your battery
and possibly ruin it, be patient. : )

lunardelite

Newly Enlightened
Well for that to work the clip would have to completely lap the switch again because it has passed the center of the light. And I don't think the tailcap can get that more "broken in."

Ergghh I hate returning/exchanging things over the net but yet I hate to have spent so much on a light that would bother me everytime I use it.

Iunno I guess that's the price to pay for being a consumer :)

Let the battery spring in the tailcap get " broken in " and it should be fine.
Both of mine were that way but after a week or so of use the tail needed tightening a little at a time until they were where they should be.
Do not try to go too fast or you will get a dimple in your battery
and possibly ruin it, be patient. : )