And people think flashlight collecting is stupid...now with beamshots

chew socks

Newly Enlightened
So i'm in my basement working on a flashlight mod and playing video games. The flashight is a Panasonic Halogena 2d light, that like other 2d lights is patheticaly dim compared to my l2d q5 and my homemade KPR118 7.2v battery back light. Seeing how useless this has become i decieded to put a KPR118 in it and power it with 2 18650's (if this is a bad idea, please tell me). I go outside to test it, but its extremely foggy and i can't tell if its that bright or not so i get all my other lights to compare it to. And man it is bright, it even out throws my l2d by a little. Satisfied with the improvement i go back inside to play some video games.....but because i'm lazy i decide to just put all the lights on the floor. All of a sudden *CLICK*.....it's pitch black, the power's out, i grab one of the lights and turn it on and scoop up the other 4 (mag 2c, DIY light, l2d, Panasonic mod,and stock 2d) and carry them up to my parents who have no lights. i get them all set and them go outside to play with my lights in the light pollutionless fog, when my friend calls me to tell me how terrified she is of the dark. I tell her she can come down to my house if she wants but she doesn't want to go out in the dark. When the firemen show up in their gear out of the fog she gets so freaked out (she's 15 and so am i) she calls me and tells me she's coming down and i need to meet her halfway....she runs out of her house so fast she forgets shoes and runs through the puddles and mud in socks :crackup:. I grab my l2d and Panasonic mod and my SHOES and start toward her house. I'm using the Panasonic because i want to try it out.....over the phone i can hear her telling me she can see my light beam before i even round the corner :eek: which calmes her down enough that she stops running. when i get to her i comment on her lack of shoes and give her my l2d on turbo and the Panasonic in exchange for her dinky light. Now this puts a smile on her face and calms her down because she feels like shes got the power of the sun in her hands :). Back at my house i tailstand the two good lights and it's so bright it looks almost like the power is back on. I duct tape them to a laundry basket and we enjoy a game of LIFE until the power comes back on.........YAY!!! another crises averted thanks to good flashlights. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Wattnot

Enlightened
Re: And people think flashlight collecting is stupid...

Strange way to become a hero! She's yours now. Congrats.

This reads a little like a scene from a Seth Rogan movie.

What's with you and socks anyway?
:crackup:

chew socks

Newly Enlightened

What's with you and socks anyway?
:crackup:

What can i say i like my socks :naughty:

Actually i started off trying to use Chewy Socks but i forgot the "y" and ended up liking the name.....so know i use it for everything.

Strange way to become a hero!

Yeah....but i'll take it. :twothumbs

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Hey 15 is when life became about, :naughty:, for me! Yeah it sounds like you have a sure thing on your hands. Running out to you in her socks just for the comfort you could provide.............. Congrats

D-Dog

Enlightened

lol, great story and shows how useful flashlights can be in a pinch. I'm afraid I don't have any stories nearly as good, however, I was in a public restroom in the basement of a building (no windows) once and some decided to flick off the lights while... nevermind... anyways glad it all worked out :) I bet you are already hoping for another power outage... :p

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bet you are already hoping for another power outage... :p

If chew socks really wants to impress her next time, LED flicker candles open up a whole new realm of possibilities. :naughty:

chew socks

Newly Enlightened

If chew socks really wants to impress her next time, LED flicker candles open up a whole new realm of possibilities. :naughty:

Actually we had real candles going :candle::naughty:.....but i kept her away from them cause she always tries to put them out with her fingers and gets burned :banghead: so maybe LEDs are a good idea

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic

Get some soft music going and suggest a nice relaxing back rub!

Never fails pal.

D-Dog

Enlightened

I have impressed quite a few people with calling a strobing light w/ a napkin over it a candle :p. All in all not a bad idea :p. Good luck :)

Illum

Flashaholic

I think flashlight collecting is stupid, but hey, what can I say...I own 42 lights:twothumbs

yeah, hotwires can turn heads:D
so...did you carry her home? ;)

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic

Cool story, chew_socks.

Good Luck to you and your new girlfriend.

:twothumbs
_

D-Dog

Enlightened

Cool story, chew_socks.

Good Luck to you and your new girlfriend.

:twothumbs
_

Shhhhh... don't pressure him :p

I guess we should get back OT... if there is an OT to get back to :p Anyhow, remember to always stock up on batteries and extra lights for the winter season. You don't want to be one of the guys who is buying shovels and food and flashlights right before a big winter storm... And if anyone ever questions you flashlight collection, ask him or her the difference between bulb lumens and torch lumens... The blank stare is usually greater than when they first saw your lights.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast

, when my friend calls me to tell me how terrified she is of the dark.....:thumbsup:

She's afraid of the dark, you're a flashaholic. It's a match made in heaven. Marry her.
In a few years of course! ;)

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Nice job, hero. :twothumbs

glenda17

Enlightened

If would have bought a generator instead of the flashlights you would get at least 3 or 4 neighborhood girls when the power dims AND have money left to spend on them.

chew socks

Newly Enlightened

If would have bought a generator instead of the flashlights you would get at least 3 or 4 neighborhood girls when the power dims AND have money left to spend on them.

I have been thinking about making one.....but the leaf sweeper might be mad if i stole his/her/its engine.