thoughts after replacing SF E2E w/ Fenix L2T

DowntownDM

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to make the move from C123s to AAs across the board so I traded my trusty SF E2E (my second SF as I'd previously owned an A2 White which I loved before it was stolen) for a Fenix L2T.

I like the AA format and intend to stick with it. I like the multifunction nature of the L2T, and it's plenty bright and dim in its two modes, easy to use, all that jazz.... I also like the price point of the Fenix lights, lots of value and pretty darned cheap I think.

However, what I don't like is how much thinner and less heavy duty the Fenix is as compared to the SF. Relatively paper thin aluminum walls, and the anodizing seems less heavy duty/thick as well.

With the SF I was confident I could toss it across a parking lot and still expect it to work. I was confident I could beat the crap out of something with it and barring damage to the lens/bulb it would still work.

Without debating the merits (or lack thereof) of doing such things with a flashlight and expecting it to continue working, suffice it to say I want this sort of bullet-proof build quality whether its necessary or not.

Thus, my questions to you fine folks are:

In a 1xAA (and perhaps 2xAA) format - who makes a multifunction LED that's functionally similar to a Fenix or Nitecore but built like a tank such as the SFs are?

Cost is not that important given I only need one or two, though I don't care to spend any more than necessary nor do I care about bling... ;)

Thanks.

D

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Fenix does have the TK20 which has the same two mode thing and forward clickie but with a warm white LED, thicker walls, rubber grip, larger reflector(more throw), and also 2 AA powered.

Eagletac also has the P10A2 and Olight has the T25. Both should have thicker walls then the L2T V2.0.

firefly99

Enlightened
what I don't like is how much thinner and less heavy duty the Fenix is as compared to the SF. Relatively paper thin aluminum walls, and the anodizing seems less heavy duty/thick as well.

similar to a Fenix or Nitecore but built like a tank such as the SFs are?
there is a premium to pay for "built like tank" quality

I'd previously owned an A2 White which I loved before it was stolen) for a Fenix L2T.

Cost is not that important
My advice is just get aother SF A2

Niconical

Enlightened
+1 on what Gunner12 said.
If you want 2xAA, but you want tougher than the average 2xAA, the TK20 is the obvious first choice.