Lost my T1 to an interesting story, with a nice ending...and appeal for help

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
So....for some time now, my Fenix T1, the first power light i ever had, has been with my friend, the firefighter, on duty. Earlier tonight he called me, and said it had fallen out of the holster when the Light Fire Attack Vehicle took a suddden turn
LFAV.jpg

Coincidently, they were responding to a small garbage fire near to where i live. So i took a walk, looking out for my T1. He had looked for it, but couldnt find it, and had to report back to the fire post.

So, he needed another duty light loan from me, which came in the form of the Kingpower K2. At least, until he buys something else.

I went down to the fire post to give him the light, and also brought a couple of other lights to show his fellow firefighters. They were all imporessed with the lights, needless to say, as they were working with UK lights and a Pelican 8D (yes i know these have safty ratings et cetera)
they were most impressed by my ROP HI. I may have a few "on-the-way" flashaholics brewing!
DSC00912.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

no prizes guessing which is which.

so..long story short, i agreed to help them, as an experiment, modify one of thier helmet lights (UK mini Q40) into a high powered LED light.

stock Q40 on right, Ex10 on left
DSC00911.jpg

so long story short, can anyone give me suggestions on how to modify this insanely small working area?
DSC00913.jpg

reflector 2.45cm outer diameter
roughly 0.4cm bulb opening
2.865cm pill height

any ideas?

Crenshaw

firefly99

Enlightened
needless to say, as they were working with UK lights and a Pelican 8D (yes i know these have safty ratings et cetera)
they were most impressed by my ROP HI.

Crenshaw,
Lights with safety ratings are issued to firefighters for a reason. Please advise your friend to use them when on duty. Using a ROP or any other normal flashlights might put their lives or mates lives in danger. As firefighter, they need incan light, modding their headlamp to LED is not a good idea.

Once they are off duty, they can have any lights they want.

I had a LEO friend who work as a security for an oil refinery. I had managed to get him to purchase a Surefire. He use the issued light during duty and keep his SF for off duty personal use.

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crenshaw,
Lights with safety ratings are issued to firefighters for a reason. Please advise your friend to use them when on duty. Using a ROP or any other normal flashlights might put their lives or mates lives in danger. As firefighter, they need incan light, modding their headlamp to LED is not a good idea.

I had a LEO friend who work as a security for an oil refinery. I had managed to get him to purchase a Surefire. He use the issued light during duty and keep his SF for off duty personal use.

i totally agree, and i did advise them so. They said this was just an experiement, to see what can be done.

I guess another thing i would need to ask, is what other lights, or at least where can i find those holder thingies, which make the light attachable to the helmet? its that little round plastic thing that snaps in place.

Just yesterday, he told me he used the Kingpower K2 i lent him to light up a scene where the fire had hit the power lines. Good thing i brought a light down for him!

Nope P60 doesnt fit..

I was just playing around with some things i have, and there is an optic from KD that fits perfectly, but it doesnt really leave enough room for a circuit. Are there any really tiny circuits out there that can be used to drive leds?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
A little off topic but thats a sick fire truck/car.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crenshaw,

I am not a fireman, but gave a Streamlight SurvivorLED to a firefighter buddy. It was much better at cutting smoke than his incan. And that was the old non C4 version putting out 60 lumens..not 100 like the new ones. I think the Lighthawk Led lantern is one of the best lights for firefighters I have seen.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah, he is going to buy me a new light anyway...but theres no rush, and lives could be at stake on a nightly basis...so i was fine with lending him a new light.

ill go take a look at those lights, thanks woodrow!

276, Aparently someone in our Civil Defense Force thought up that idea...it is a cool idea..!

Crenshaw