Inova X5 at Target

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
I've always admired this light just reluctant to get one since most of my lights run AA batteries. Well I needed a flashlight fix so decided to take the plunge and pick one up. Target had 3 - 1 silver and 2 black marked at $29.99. I picked up the silver one and headed for the checkout and to my amazement, it rang up as $8.74. :twothumbs Yikes. So in true fashion I went back and got a black one. Should make a great light to carry in the glove box.

shomie911

Enlightened
I carry an older generation X5 in the glovebox of my truck.

$8.74 is a steal. :thumbsup:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always admired this light just reluctant to get one since most of my lights run AA batteries. Well I needed a flashlight fix so decided to take the plunge and pick one up. Target had 3 - 1 silver and 2 black marked at $29.99. I picked up the silver one and headed for the checkout and to my amazement, it rang up as $8.74. :twothumbs Yikes. So in true fashion I went back and got a black one. Should make a great light to carry in the glove box.

WOW!!! Where do you live???? I never find deals like that at Target! I just got a second X5 and I paid $29.99..:mad: You will love it by the way! I use mine at work (I am a computer tech) and it is just bright enough to light up the bottom of peoples desks, and it is rock solid reliable!

Mike

Radiophile

Enlightened
The titanium X5s were on clearance earlier this year, along with the titanium X1s, but the black ones still should have been regular price. I still take a peek at them when I'm in Target looking at the flashlights just in case they found a titanium one in the stock room.

BP2000

Newly Enlightened

What was the date code on the package (lower left corner on the back)?

BP2000

Newly Enlightened
I'm wondering if those lights you bought have the latest Nichia L.E.Ds in them (as per X5 production).
I have 4 X5's. 1 is dated 2007 and the 3 other ones are dated 2008.
The 2007 seems just ever so slightly dimmer. If there wasn't a side by side comparison you would not notice.

Kinda funny.....I was shopping at Target today and happened to be looking at the X5 and was ooooohhh so close to buying one. I didn't do it......... yet.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Inova X5 has to go down as one of the great flashlight classics. I like the fact that it doesn't have a hot spot. It's bright enough and a battery vampire to boot.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ohhh if we get another confirmation of a good price at Target this should be posted in the good deals section of the Marketplace. I'll have to go check out the X5's at my local target tomorrow morning.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keep in mind that just because one Target has them on closeout, does not mean others do. Their pricing is not consistent with closeouts and some other items. I have noticed slight differences in pricing between stores here in the Raleigh, NC area alone.

Mike

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
Keep in mind that just because one Target has them on closeout, does not mean others do. Their pricing is not consistent with closeouts and some other items. I have noticed slight differences in pricing between stores here in the Raleigh, NC area alone.

Mike

This is what I have noticed also. The scenario went like this:

I brought the light to the cashier. When he scanned it, it didn't appear to be in their system so he asked a co-worker who had one of the portable readers. She said that it didn't appear in their inventory but quoted the price as $8.74. The receipt stated Inova X5 regular price $29.99, sale price $8.74.

The black one rang up in the same manner.

I think coming across buys like this are very hit and miss. I just got lucky this time.