E2DL and E1B beamshots

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to be a pain, but might I ask where the Eagletac P10C2 would fit in in terms of throw?

Tom
The E2DL is quite a beast in terms of throw, I don't think there are too many reflectored lights out there that can match or surpass the EDL2's throw-- aside the well-known dedicated throwers such as the Dereelight DBS.

SureFire's TIR system is a work of art, reflectors need to be at least 3 times bigger to match its throwing power.

Last edited:

The Sun

Enlightened
i don't know about the P10C2, but my T10C2 out throws the E2DL by a pretty good bit.

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
So I just bought my first Surefire (an E1B), I cant wait till dark so I can test it fully... Ive been looking at the E2DL for a while now as well, so what are your opinions? Do you guys think the E2DL would compliment the Backup, or should I look at a totally different model series?? :thinking:

Inova his head

Newly Enlightened
i don't know about the P10C2, but my T10C2 out throws the E2DL by a pretty good bit.

Well I heard that the P10C2 was as good, if not better, than the T10C2 in terms of throw. As for P10C2 vs E2DL that's one either way. I don't suppose anyone has a beamshot comparison anywhere do they?

Tom

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I heard that the P10C2 was as good, if not better, than the T10C2 in terms of throw. As for P10C2 vs E2DL that's one either way. I don't suppose anyone has a beamshot comparison anywhere do they?

Tom
Well I heard that the P10C2 was as good, if not better, than the T10C2 in terms of throw.

That's nonsense. The T10C2 has the exact same hotspot as the PC10C2, however, the spill area is dramatically bigger and brighter.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
So I just bought my first Surefire (an E1B), I cant wait till dark so I can test it fully... Ive been looking at the E2DL for a while now as well, so what are your opinions? Do you guys think the E2DL would compliment the Backup, or should I look at a totally different model series?? :thinking:

You might be on to something by thinking of something different. Like a C2? The ergonomics is tops for a 2-cell and the modular design lets you try different drop-ins malkoff malkoff malkoff malkoff which are much more suitable for using rechargeables, if that aspect would interest you. This also makes it much easier for performance upgrades in the future. FWIW. (I've enjoyed my L1, but the customization options for my C3 is proving to be just as fun.)

Just a _quick_ suggestion, since I don't want to take this OT anymore than I just did...:thinking:

Last edited:

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to thank you for the suggestions, I definitely want to give one of those Malkoffs a try!

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
Couldn't help it, I ordered an E2DL and a pack of primaries, I am really worried I might start showing symptoms of addiction...I JUST FOUND OUT I NEED AN A2!!

abarraga86

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the warm welcome! So I went to the USA and bought a E2DL at a store (couldn't resist myself), and now I decided I'm going to give the other E2DL I ordered to my father as a birthday present... Anyways, when I was comparing beams on a white wall between my E1B and my E2DL I did notice a change in tint between the two, my E1B seems to have a more creamy or warmer tone than the E2DL. I know that it is unavoidable to have different tints on LED's and I don't mind it at all, but my question is, do E1B's tend to have a warmer tint than E2DL's or is it just luck?? Cheers!

matt0

Enlightened
It probably is luck that the E1B has a warmer tint. I imagine SureFire uses the same LEDs in both models and just drives them differently.

Although, my E1B does have a warmer tint than any of my other lights and I've read many reviews on here that state the same.

Khabbi

Newly Enlightened
I have both on order and they should be here on Monday, I'll post my comparisons also....

isneyk

Newly Enlightened
Same observation here.
E1B is warmer than the E2DL.

I was able to compare it (E1B) with a newer E2DL.
The newer E2DL had a warmer tint & the chem-coat inside was silver vs the copper-ish color of the older E2DL.

seale_navy

Enlightened
i have the surefire e1b too. It has a warm colour light.. I am not too sure about the ed2l. But i think the ed2l is significantly brighter than the e1b.

But does anyone know how does the e2dl runtime plot faired?