Need a Christmas flashlight gift idea...

MKatzpp

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a novatac 120T and a fenix P2D. obviously I have way brighter larger flashlights, but i was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of similar size (single cell cr123) that are considerably brighter than than the 2 listed above. i'm looking for a christmas gift idea for myself and would like to change up my EDC.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Mad1

Enlightened
Well the nitecore Extreme is rated at 200lumens and that's the only one I can think of.

You're a little limited with just 1 CR123

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, if you haven't already, you should probably check out this thread:
1xCR123A/RCR Round-up Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS, & more - UPDATED!

Based on lightbox tests, the SF E1B is about equal in total output to the Novatac 120 but has considerably better throw. I don't think you're going to really find a 1xCR123 light that's considerably brighter than the two lights you mentioned. If you really want considerably brighter but in a single-cell form, you might considering a 1x18650 light (but it will probably be too big for EDC).

Robert

Last edited:

MKatzpp

Newly Enlightened
hey rob,

greater output or farther throw...? very good question sir. i actually dont really know because i use my novatac for both. i guess if people can throw out a bunch of different ideas i will research them and figure out which is best. i will check out the nightcore extreme and also the thread you listed for me.

tks for the advice thus far boys!

HKJ

Flashaholic
Dereelight C2H and it can use both CR123 and LiIon batteries.

EagleTac might also be worth checking out, they are supposed to be very bright.

MKatzpp

Newly Enlightened
well...frown! i was looking for a couple gift ideas to give to family members so they wouldn't buy me crap this year and after researching a couple of the single cell monsters out there i gave in and bought a nitecore extreme. so much for xmas!

i put the eagletac p10c and the olight t10 on my xmas list. i dont even really know if those are the best but they seem to be the most powerful. i guess i forgot to mention that i also like forward clickies so that steered me away from a couple other smaller possibly more powerful flashlights.

i welcome any others ideas on forward clicky, single cell cr123 flashlights with either insane throw that could blind a bat at 1000 yards or something with a crazy large spill beam that would light up a 360 degree radius around me.

tks