• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler: MC-E/maxflex custom modded mags anyone?

netprince

Enlightened
I am building a few MC-E modded mags for showing off and learning. I have found a pretty good template now, and I'm curious if anyone is interested in having one made for themselves?

My first build is a 3D mag, with a maxflex driver pushing the MC-E in 2s2p. I have the stock reflector or an aspheric lens. I used the orange P7 heatsink from 4sevens. I used AA to attach the emitter, and AS between the heatsink and tube. I will post pictures later if anyone is interested.

I've also got parts ordered for a larger mag, with the MC-E running in 4s at about 1A. Will build that this weekend or next week.

Parts I have been using:
MC-E from endeavour, 370 lumens, WF tint
R2 emitter from cutter
maxflex from taskled
p7 heatsink from 4sevens
01 LAG 010 aspheric from melles griot (16.6mm back focal length)
ultra green glow powder from glowinc
semi-transparent glow buttons from sabrewolf (not in yet)
teflon coated wire from mudman_cj
Artic Silver and Artic Alumnia from 4sevens

Here are some base templates I am thinking about:

2D mag, maxflex driver, 4sevens p7 heatsink, cree R2 emitter, stock and aspheric lens, transparent button with battery warning LED, and glow powder next to emitter - around $180

or

3D or 4D mag, maxflex driver, 4sevens p7 heatsink, cree MC-E emitter in 2s2p, stock and aspheric lens, transparent button with battery warning LED, and glow powder next to emitter - around $215

If there is interest, I will create a more formal FS thread...

Last edited:

netprince

Enlightened
Re: feeler: MC-E/maxflex custom modded mags anyone?

RESERVED: for pictures when I get home later...

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm excited to see your pictures. What do you think about the WF tint of your MC-E? I've been debating about picking one up from Endeavor, but am apprehensive about it being too green/yellow.

netprince

Enlightened
The WF is more green/yellow. Personally, I like the tint, its great for outdoor use. You notice the green/yellow more on low than on high. I really dont like the blue tints much, so this thing is great for me. If you dont like green/yellow though, might want to avoid it.

Just for reference, I posted my pics in another thread. I didn't get any interest here anyway. (NOTE: I didn't take any beamshots with the WF, sorry)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/220088