How to modify a ROMISEN RC-V4 ?

Valmet62

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these lights, and the reviews on DX say it is a very easy mod. I am very new to flashlights, and wondered what would be needed to mod this light to have a Q5 emitter. It it something that I could do?

Thanks
Valmet62

sku_10453_5.jpg

Last edited:

chitoz28

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking of doing the same thing, looks like a nice small heavy duty light. I was thinking of using this http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7612 driver, because of the no strobe mode option, just low/med/high (don't like having to go through all the flashing all the time). If you can figure out how to get that pill with the LED on it out, we can see what will fit in there. I was also thinking of a pocket clip that may fit on it. Good luck.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
This or this one should work for the swap. Check to see how wide the board thing is.

You should have a soldering iron, thermal compound, and a bit of soldering skill.

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I have one of these lights, and the reviews on DX say it is a very easy mod. I am very new to flashlights, and wondered what would be needed to mod this light to have a Q5 emitter. It it something that I could do?

Thanks
Valmet62

sku_10453_5.jpg

Hi Valmet62,
I've done an easy and effective mod with this light. See my posts (#19 and #23) with info and pics: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/206901

A great little thrower and very easy mod.

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got this light for my friend's hiking trip, but after seeing mine, he is less than impressed. I'm planning on upgrading the driver and the emitter (R2 for the emitter, and 7135-based single mode driver).

Anybody have pictures of the top side of the driver board?