Winter's Finally Here - Time To Make Some Chili !!!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I have developed the best Chili recipe I have ever tasted over the years. It has over 35 ingredients and is way better than the 6-8 batches I made from this and other Chili cookoff sites to compare. If I lived in Texas, I would go to one of these contests and win it.

This is my favorite thing to make. I have friends and family calling me to find when they can come and have the best chili this time of year. I'm obviously bragging, but it is really that good.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
ARGH!!! Ban HIM!!... This thread is useless without recepie
LOL

I just got a crock pot 2 weeks ago. So far I have made beef stew, and Pho (Vietnamese beef noodle soup) from scratch!! Mmmmm

Kahlua Pig with Poi is next:grin2:, Ox-tail soup is next!!

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chili is my favorite...mmmmm sounds great. I usually use ground turkey...would love to try yours.

savumaki

Enlightened
I vote we take him to the wood shed for a thorough caning;

It is cruel and unusual punishment to dangle such delights before us chili lovers;
SHAME on you.

Give us the recipe and we'll tell you if its any good.

Karl

kramer5150

Flashaholic
BACON FAT
BACON FAT
BACON FAT

Everything tastes better cooked in bacon fat!! My fave is to crack some eggs in an iron skillet with bacon fat.. the more the better:grin2: I go camping all the time with a guy who deep frys his hamburger in bacon grease. I tried one once and it made my stomach churn all night... LOL!!

Now I'm hungry...

steve6690

Enlightened
I'll give up a couple of unique ingredients...but the proportions are critical.

Bacon Fat
Green & Red Bell Peppers
Vidalia Onions (or other sweet onion if you didn't plan ahead)
Dark Beer
Worchester Sauce
Orange Juice
Marsala
Sweet Vermouth
Mexican Oregano
Sazon Goya
Cilantro
Cocoa Powder

The brand of Chili powder matters.

That's "Worcestershire Sauce" :D :D
The factory is about 1/2 a mile from my house...

Culhain

Enlightened
I hope that there is meat in your recipe. There ain't no such thing as vegetarian Chile con Carne.

I'll give up a couple of unique ingredients...but the proportions are critical.

Bacon Fat
Green & Red Bell Peppers
Vidalia Onions (or other sweet onion if you didn't plan ahead)
Dark Beer
Worchester Sauce
Orange Juice
Marsala
Sweet Vermouth
Mexican Oregano
Sazon Goya
Cilantro
Cocoa Powder

The brand of Chili powder matters.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it does not have habeneros, it's not chili! Just Kidding.:D

That does sound very good!

I have become so addicted to habeneros and this is partly due to my father-in-law growing them every year in his garden. I plan to buy some seed for white and chocolate habeneros and start them growing in my basement. I use two peppers in every batch of chili I make, winter is such a great time of year.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blasphemy!!!!

Chili con carne = pepper with meat.

Deep cast iron skillet. 2lbs good beef (lean sirloin preferred) cubed about the size of sugar cubes (NOT GROUND!) braised and juice poured out. 2 cup water, 1 can tomato paste, handful of yellow onion chopped, couple of chopped jalapeno (seeded and veined if you're a wuss), a crushed chili pequin or two, a pinch or two of comino (ground coriander), crushed garlic to taste, big pinch or two of salt and sugar, (prepared chili powder is allowed if you wish). Simmer til meat falls apart.

Let sit overnight. Serve warm along side migas (eggs scrambled with chopped tomato, onion, jalapenos and quarter sized pieces of corn tortilla). With arroz y frijoles on the side. Served with fresh flour tortillas.

You will have a good day.

Last edited: