Runtimes, LD01 vs. L0D

Chao

Enlightened
Just done this, they all tested with fresh alkaline batteries. Look like the new designed LD01 is efficient than L0D.
LD01-L0D.jpg

I set the outputs in graph all beginning at 100%, actually, the LD01 is a little brighter than L0D Q4.
Lux readings: LD01: 775 lux, L0DQ4: 595 lux.

liquidsix

Enlightened
Wow good stuff. Taking into account your lux readings, if the reflector hasn't changed thats about 25% increase in output, as well as about 30-40% increase in runtime. 25% x 30-40% = huge area under the graph!

I'm sure my math's all wrong, and someone will correct me but that's still really good. My last L0 was a Q2 bin so I think the Ld01 will be a big jump.

Curious_character

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can't determine the relative efficiency by looking at the lux numbers, unless you're getting them from an integrating sphere or light box. All that's necessary to increase the lux reading is to sharpen the focus. Efficiency is determined by the ratio of total light output -- not the intensity of the main beam -- to power in.

c_c

mechBgon

Enlightened
Thanks, and if you do a test with NiMH, that would also be interesting to see! :)

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the runtime, always appreciated!

The new reflector is awesome. Maybe the improved runtime comes from the built-in Sun.

IMG_2398.jpg

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, and if you do a test with NiMH, that would also be interesting to see! :)

+1 it would take some of the battery variation out using the same Nimh for each. Nice contribution though. :D

HighLumens

Enlightened
hi all

if you look at the l0d and ld01 at fenix-store.com you notice this:

L0D= 11lumens for 8.5h;30lumens for 3.5h; 75lumens for 1h.

LD01= 10lumens for 8.5h; 27lumens for 3.5h; 80lumens for 1h.

So the LD01 is 1 lumen less (on low) and 3 lumens less (on medium) than the L0D with the same runtime. Isn't it a bad thing? Shouldn't the runtime increase because of the less lumens?

From your graph I also notice that the LD01 is brighter with a longer runtime than the L0D, so why fenix-store wrote that runtimes and levels of output?

p.s.: sorry if I wrote something stupid, I'm a new member :D

Marduke

Flashaholic
hi all

if you look at the l0d and ld01 at fenix-store.com you notice this:

L0D= 11lumens for 8.5h;30lumens for 3.5h; 75lumens for 1h.

LD01= 10lumens for 8.5h; 27lumens for 3.5h; 80lumens for 1h.

So the LD01 is 1 lumen less (on low) and 3 lumens less (on medium) than the L0D with the same runtime. Isn't it a bad thing? Shouldn't the runtime increase because of the less lumens?

From your graph I also notice that the LD01 is brighter with a longer runtime than the L0D, so why fenix-store wrote that runtimes and levels of output?

p.s.: sorry if I wrote something stupid, I'm a new member :D

I remember a statement about Fenix making their measurements more accurate as they slowly transition more of their models from emitter to OTF lumens.

HighLumens

Enlightened
ehm... "OTF" ?? Sorry, what is it? is there a topic where I can learn all the particular words I will read in this forum?

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
ehm... "OTF" ?? Sorry, what is it? ..

OTF means "out the front." The amount of light is being measured after it passes through any optic, lens, window, etc. vs. being measured directly from the LED and before the loss incurred by the other parts.

Ice

Enlightened
That's why I really like this forum! :naughty: Thanks a lot for those graphs! :bow:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Chao, I brought this thread back to life because I have not seen runtimes of the LD01 Q5 with AAA NiMh on high, med, and low. Have searched, and also gone through the sticky Runtime Thread in Reviews, to no avail. Would you please post this info. Thanks,

Bill

Never mind. I found runtimes here, http://www.light-reviews.com/fenix_ld01_ss/ thanks anyway.

Bill

Last edited: